Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

marshalling

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Saw a marshall once scream at a punter for lifting, then when he did it again he rugby tackled him to the floor and stuck his head up his jersey, whilst still screaming at him...

He then later quit that day......

My advise, dont be like that guy. Have a no sh!t policy on lifting... they lift their gone for the rest of the day its not worth the risk.. Stern but Fair

Paris

Cheese it!
Feb 13, 2008
Dorset
My advice.

At the beginning of your first game brief lay down the ground rules, make them know that your in charge. Even if there is a large group or a stag do, if you shout at one of them and make him look stupid in front of his mates then you will be seen as in charge.

Pick up an old ball off the floor and physically demonstrate that it wont fit down the barrel, that will show them your not making it up to get more money out of them.

Give a short but very serious talk about lifting goggles, say about blindings/deaths etc happening in america. The adults may think its BS but the kids will be scared enough to leave there mask on all the time.

Work with your other marshals. As said, use hand signals (or radios if you can) to keep in permanent contact. As if one of you is fixing a marker/helping a punter the other marshal needs to know where you are. I always found a whistle a good idea to start and stop a game, and if people keep shooting blow the whistle in their face, works a treat.

targetlad87

Jul 29, 2008
thanks for all the advice guys we'll see how i get get on and ill let ya's know how i did later

regards
TL87

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
listen to the head marshall and lay down your rules and stick to them, If you have made a call then do let anyone change your mind because they are Pi$$ed.
Learn where to stand in order not to get shot however it will happen.

More importantly take on advice from other marshalls and also the paying public they are your market and if there not happy you wont be !

Just enjoy it and have a laugh will make the day alot easier !
Good luck !

Tommyb16

May 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Also I find that quite a few of them try to play on after being hit so just walk around and keep an eye out for it and definitely show that you are in charge and what you say goes.

Hope that helps

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
be strict but at the same time be fair... if someone gets shot in the first 30seconds then wipe em down and put them back in. this isnt tournament paintball and the price the punters are paying should be made as worth while as possible, give them field tips before hand and shout incouragement and helpful hints whilst the game is running. tell them when no one is looking at them so they can move up and where to look to get some clean shots off. try to stick with 1 team so you become that teams ref, any problems then they can come to you and keeps 1 face near at all times.. become their buddy :D

targetlad87

Jul 29, 2008
8 bloody times and one on the knackers my face were a picture :eek:.
really enjoyed the day though absolutely fantastic everybody were really helpful and thanks for all the tips you guys have given me :D