Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

max got cancelled, what about world cup orlando?

Cuma

Jul 11, 2001
Istanbul
turkishtigers.com
so the max masters got cancelled because of the horrible terrorist attack. The turkish would like to send best wishes to innocent american victims and all the U.S paiintballers.

Does anyone know whether the world cup is cancelled or might get cancelled?

:confused:

Lane

Jul 14, 2001
Georgia, USA
Visit site
The World Cup is NOT cancelled. It will take place the week of October 22-28

We understand the concerns over traveling on the airlines with paintball equipment. Per recent conversations it appears that you will simply need to tell them that you have equipment, make sure barrels are off the guns, make sure your tank is completely empty, remove the reg from the bottle if you're capable, etc. It seems that there will be more of a procedure to checking your luggage, but there shouldn't be any exclusion of paintball gear. However, each airline will have unique guidelines. It is important that you contact your carrier specifically about your equipment.

We are looking into setting up a place to have the equipment shipped to. But, with well over 1500 players expected, this is not a simple process. If we can find a way that is both practical to oversee, and secure then we will make it known through posts to message boards, through emails to the teams we have addresses for, and at our web site www.npplinfo.com .

It may be possible to contact the hotel at which you make reservations and set up delivery of your equipment there.

The 2001 World Cup is on. We are working hard to make it the best yet. It would be particularly helpful to me if teams would sign up and send entry fees ASAP. You can register and pay by dredit card at the npplinfo.com. Or you can orint a registration form and mail it to me with your payment at:

Paintball Sports Promotions
2126 Pinella Drive
Grayson, GA 30017
USA

The deadline for fully PAID entry fee for the World Cup is October 12th.

Thanks and contact me if you need more info.

Lane Wright
(770) 687-3115
lanewright@atl.mediaone.net

markh

Shockwave III
Aug 6, 2001
Bristol
www.katzpaintballteam.co.uk
My team Katz flew to Poland last weekend via Brussels to play in the Polish Open. We had no problems with security, just make sure you warn the Airline company that paintballers will be travelling, warn the checkin staff on checkin, unscrew the bottle so they can see inside (looking for drugs etc.), put your marker into your suitcase, dont even think about taking it in hand luggage... Oh, and take a paintball magazine with you so you can show the security staff if they have any questions.

I saw my marker on the xray, its an angel and looked very much like a gun, the security guy didnt check it as it had previously checked my friends bag...

one suggestion...

When travelling in these times contact the airlines' head office ahead of time. Explain you situation and ask them to send/fax you a letter from someone with authority who approves of your travel.

This is just one more way to cut down on the hassels that one might run into right now. It also helps the check in staff who might be a little in doubt as to the rules regarding travel now.

goose

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
traveling with Paintball equiptment

call your air line first. I was going to try to take my marker back to Canada in a few weeks time, and they simply said that they wouldn't allow it on the plane, and that i'd have to ship it seperatly.
Things may relax in a few months, but the people in North American customs are paranoid about letting anything slip through customs, and are being very anal about everything. Most customs officials are unsure of the legal status of paintball equiptment, and are going to error on the side of caution, and hold your bags.
Just check first, cover your ass, and if you can, send it fed-ex.
i know i won't be flying with my gun for quite some time.
Red