Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium and Eurosport

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
We all know what rumors are like in Paintball, infact sometimes it is better than Eastenders for gossip and rumor's, but this one I know is 100% true. While in Paris the Millennium signed the long awaited deal with Eurosport for the 2009 season. Now Eurosport being the pro's that they are have asked that the Millennium supply a confirmed team list for 2009 so they know how many people, cameras, money etc they need to send for each event. So the Millennium have sent an email around to all the locked divison teams asking them to confirm for 2009. Eurosport have also stated, as part of the deal, unless they have a confirmed amount of teams they will not proceed with the said deal.

Now seeing as the teams all moan they want to be on TV and they want more from the Millennium you would think with this deal done and an email going around that the teams would be all over it in sending confirmations back. But from what I hear that is not the case, hardly anyone has got back to them confirming they will attend next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sometimes wonder what is wrong with the teams.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Yo Pipes, maybe the delay has something to do with the terms and conditions of payment up front being placed upon teams wishing to play next year ...... ????

In times of financial hardship, as our industry is undoubtedly undergoing at present, it might be seen as somewhat insensitive in asking for a lot of money prior to being given what you are paying for .... and when some prikk likes ulrich stahr comes a knocking for that money ...I think I'd be kinda reticent too .....

We really need to be consulting our teams and sponsors right now instead of just placing demands upon them and expecting them to yap like a dog with its tail wagging.

And let me also add, I realise this TV thang is being touted as our industry's saviour, take a deep breath and try to inhale some reality, we've been here before .... and at the outset of any TV deal, guess who's gonna be the immediate beneficiary?

Any trickle down benefits from any TV coverage is not only speculative, not only hopeful but also way down the line .... the sales pitch is predictable, the outcome I hope is different ...... but I ain't holding my breath.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Pete

The amount that was asked to secure the spot was 100 Euro plus VAT, hardly a small fortune. Then they require the normal installments as they did this year, if my memory is correct they require first one end of November, then Feb and March, which was the same as last year.

Yes we have been here before with TV, I am not saying by any stretch that this will save us from the burning pit of hell, my point is that the teams should have the decency to reply to the Millennium, they always post on here saying they never hear from them, yet when they do, with news that benifits the teams, they do not respond, even if they responded with a comment like........... Your nuts.... at least they responded. I am hoping that teams don't read this and reply with your nuts to the Millennium it was an example.

In someway yes they should be consulting teams and sponsors, but all that happens there is a pot full of ideas and at some point they have to make a decision that will upset some and please others. So whichever way they do it someone has their nose put out of joint.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Oh my .......here goes Piperoooney:- Last year the industry took a hit for 25%, yeah that's right, 25% clean off the top, plus or minus a few percentage points; and next year?
The projected figures for next year are for another 15% decline ........

The fact the team registration rates hasn't risen is hardly the point mate, the money being asked does not reflect reality here.
The industry has cut back everywhere, on sponsorships, advertising, you name it, they've cut it ..... and teams everywhere, are finding it harder to survive and justify costs.

I knew the upfront buy in money was only a 100 bucks but that 100 bucks tied you into a considerable commitment to pay that a lot of teams now are finding extremely difficult to source.

It's insane to just stick your head in the sand, send out the invoices via Gestapo-mail, and expect everybody to pay up .... why no consultation????
Once again, I repeat my worn out mantra, 'Please treat the customers fakkin fairly and responsibly'....

The paintball landscape has radically changed in the last year, the financial demands being placed upon teams has not ...... and what wasn't fair last year is certainly even more unfair now.

And as for not putting somebody's nose out of joint?
How about the cusotmer's being second in the queue for a nose job once in a while?

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Pete

I do know what the decline in the industry is, remember I work in it :D

Yes I agree it is a lot of commitment from the teams, but if they cannot reply to the Millennium then how would they know how to change or re think things?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Pete

I do know what the decline in the industry is, remember I work in it :D

Yes I agree it is a lot of commitment from the teams, but if they cannot reply to the Millennium then how would they know how to change or re think things?
I suppose my point is, instead of a 'straight out the box' demand for money, which in effect, is exactly what we are talking about here, why weren't the teams consulted beforehand???

It just seems courteous and commonsense to me mate .....

It seems everybody is well aware of the present decline but just how many are adjusting to it?
The industry is, look at the price changes markers and products have undergone of late ...... the deal is, the industry has responded to the financial climate and reduced prices accordingly.

You see my point now re 'head in sand'???
We need to wake up a little and be more sensitive to the customer here and the money they now have available instead of just telling them this is the way it's gonna be and then not liking the fact the required response wasn't forthcoming.
It's amazing how co-operative people are when they are consulted - but they cannot be criticized in any way when they are not.

You are in the business mate, you know the score, you also are well aware of what you have to do to protect your market share, and that means looking after your customer base and responding to the changing marketplace ... ignore that and you might as well shut up shop now.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
I know two people where asked to contact the teams and they split the list, so I am guessing that one person did their job and one has failed, at a guess Syd I would say you could be on the failed list :D

Which just proves Pete's point and I really hate it when he is right :D