Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mini fps issue?

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
Hi i just recently purchased a new invert mini brand new from empire and i have played with it twice so far. I have noticed the fps ranges 25 to 30 fps every shot very inconsistent and i can't figure out why i just recently played this past weekend and took it home snd cleaned the poppet o-ring and re greased it i have not had a chance to try and crono it since then. I called the manufacturer and they said to start there i do not have a crono so it will have to wait till next weekend to try again. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before or has any insight everything i have is brand new tank and all im wondering if it needs to be broke in a little first like play with it more or if greasing the poppet o-ring is a fix or whatever the case may be any help would be greatly appreciated i really dont want to send the marker back seeing i like to play very often and i do not have another marker as back up i did grease the bolt while on the field and it seemed to shoot a littke more consistent after maybe varying between 15-20 fps but i can't remember exactly but thanks in advance to any help

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
because its new it will most likely need braking in but in the mean time, set the pressure gauge to 170psi dry fire a few shots then degass, wind the backcap in all the way. then back it out 1 and a half turns then chrono. depending what it says on the chrono adjust the pressure gauge using the reg. leave the back cap at 1.5 turns.

this is how i use my mini, it has stock internals. and runs at 1.5 turns at the back cap and 150psi shoots at 270fps +/-4!

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
Ghats good info i thought it was supposed to shoot at 200 psi tho? But pretty much your saying set the velocity cap at 1.5 turns out then from there use the regulator pressure to adjust for velocity desired starting at 170 psi and go off of the pressure gauge and adjust the allen bit on the front of the regulator

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
yes thats the way it worked for me. seemed to make it consistent and pretty quiet to!

what tank are you using?

Last edited:

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
To adjust the reg pressure it counter clock wise to go down in pressure and clockwise to go up in pressure correct? And were did you learn to set the gun up like that its interesting ive never heard of it before? Not doubting or anything i have just never came across that before

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
In the manuals they all say not to use the reg to adjust for pressure thats why i ask how you figured out to do that and everyone i ask says to run the reg at 200

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
clockwise to increase the pressure.

so the tank is high pressure. my method should work perfect with your tank.

a paintball friend told me to do it this way WildWayz

Reactions: cheyenne

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
yeah don't ever go over 200psi they don't like it. and to be fair if you go lower it only helps the marker as there isnt higher pressures going through the marker.

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
Cool deal well ill give that a try and see what it does so going lower wont hurt but deff going higher will as like blowing o-rings and damaging parts because its running at too high of a pressure and etc.and in theory i suppose running at a lower psi will also make the marker run more air efficient as well so ill give that a try along with the break in period as well if it worked for you and your buddy it should work perfect for me as i am running stock everything as well thanks tons man im eager to try it and see what it does you sure this method will clear up my issue tho?