Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Moderators,,,Gods or Hitlerites!!!

ices

Banned
Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Its all a conspiracy for the mods to control our actions :D hmmmmmmmmmmmm looks like a dictatorship to me ;)

O yeah when is that application for being a moderator coming through rooster ????? :D ;)

Plz note that the time of this response going to press i just sat a 2 hour exam and my head is burning

:) :)

Sparklie, no-one said you can't post after-tourney comments and feedback...that's what tournament is for. What was said was that they had to be discussion points, i.e. 'How come Team X were so bad that day', or 'Move A was the best thing I've ever seen, but didn't you think fierld three sucked'.

What we objected to was 'Thanks to Bully for a great day' or 'Thanks to Team X for letting me guest with em' because they are not the basis for any sort of discussion.

And Manike..

"Or is it just a jobsworth case of 'posts are now where WE want them'?..."

Please, show us some credit. Do you really think we've got nothing better to do? As I have said a million times, we know what we are trying to achieve and there are lots of changes to come to the forums and the board generally. Even if you disagree with them, respect the fact that this is our site and we have an agenda.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
Sparklie, no-one said you can't post after-tourney comments and feedback...that's what tournament is for. What was said was that they had to be discussion points, i.e. 'How come Team X were so bad that day', or 'Move A was the best thing I've ever seen, but didn't you think fierld three sucked'.

What we objected to was 'Thanks to Bully for a great day' or 'Thanks to Team X for letting me guest with em' because they are not the basis for any sort of discussion.

And Manike..

"Or is it just a jobsworth case of 'posts are now where WE want them'?..."

Please, show us some credit. Do you really think we've got nothing better to do? As I have said a million times, we know what we are trying to achieve and there are lots of changes to come to the forums and the board generally. Even if you disagree with them, respect the fact that this is our site and we have an agenda.
How about sharing what you want to achieve in order to reach a common goal, hard to stear a ship if people are rowing in different directions!

Paul
:D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
Even if you disagree with them, respect the fact that this is our site and we have an agenda.
Is it hidden?

Ohh a conspiracy... What fun :D :D

I bags being tortured in the comfy chair by the cushion with all the stuffing at one end, first...

I do respect this site and what you are doing. I'm just giving you my opinions and views on said actions. Would you rather no feed back?

As I implied before, you may have great intentions and do great things, but if it's not what the people want (or doesn't make them feel comfortable) and we do not follow, then it will be in vain (my horse to water statement).

manike

Manike

Hi, It's ruffled a few feathers every time it happens and the end result is the same it's our forum and if you don't like it log out and some of us started watching telly again and getting a life some were lost for ever and some just towed the line ....................:(

It's not ideal but it apperars to be whats on offer like so much of paintball this is it there is nothing else, so take it or leave it no one is awnserable and if you are lucky it might be fixed for next time on explaination ect.

At least we are having it explained to us

This is not meant to be a slight it is just how I am interperating the comments that have been made over the last 6 months and the tone has changed very little and this is the 3rd time we the colective have had the "debate"

If this were a debating balloon we all know who would be left in and it would not be due to the strength of their agrument, moral high ground, or skills and eloquence.

"debate"

I would take this oppertuniy to quote from dictinary but trouble has pinched it again and her need is greater. For some bizzare reason corretness is regarded higher than content.

I was worned about the poltics when I first got into paintball and it was a very apt warning and was if any thing undersold.

To awnser your question posts were not getting deleted TJ let "this is a waste of time" run for months even though it was a one letter post I kid you not purly aimed at a larger post count.

Very rarley were they getting moved it all started getting nasty when we started breacking down barriers and meeting real time which should in essence be a good thing I could rant on for hours of all the good this has promoted.
Have you noticed the double meaning in certain threads of late I rest my case.

Yes it is mainly the players who are effected by this as then the site guys rarley posted and My self being the exception.

Personally the more active partisapants involved the better for the sport and the forum as we get a more rounded veiw of things.

In an ideal world a real time equation would be ideal but in an ideal world we would all be pc at all times so this would never happen.

what a dull place

peace love hugs and equralibrium to all

sparklie

just cause I can't spell it does not mean I do not comprehend just means you guys and spell check get pissed off and a head ache trying to work out what I mean earnest.

Feedback is cool, but we do tend to end up repeating ourselves because people tend to pick tha same fight every three months or so...

And 'our' collective back was put right up by Nick's tone as well.

As for what we're trying to achieve, all will be revealed soon...muhahahahahaha.

And the 'horse to water' thing would be fair enough, but we wanna take the whole herd, and if we have to lose a few stragglers then so be it...and as I said before, we have the same rucks with the same people (and no, I don't include you in this actually) on a semi-regular basis.

And as for ship-steering, if people do this:

Discuss rec-related topics in rec
Newbies in Newbies
Tournament in tourney
General stuff here
Announce events, give thanks, contact people etc in announcements

and so on, then we will be 100% happy.

There is no grand conspiracy, just follow the above and everyone will be cool - I promise.

peace

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I still think that notification of a tournament (dates, details etc) SHOULD be in Tournament - it seems crazy that it has to be put anywhere else. If someone new comes to the furums & wants to know what tourneys are coming up I'm pretty sure that's the first place they'll look, I know I would.

TJ

Thanks but this thread was not given the chance to turn into a debate rather than back slaping as it was hijacked by the mods and they then decended to banter none of the other posters did with the exception of paul, the main offender being Baco??????????

If iam coming across as harsh it is only because I am in serious mode one I rarley use here so don't take it to heart:)

The deley in posting was due to trying my best to be spelling correct it is hard for me so I do try and I am vasty imporved on preivious states. My eloquence is far better displayed in verbal banter content not spelling. It is my cross so I will bore you with it no longer as I am sure you are well aware of it by now.:)

If this resent turn of event can be used to the good then all the better.

I fully understand about the clicky nature you are trying to aviod. I warn all the new faces I have sent your way a fair few now, not to get worried and to perstist if nothing else they all know me lol poor babes.

Peace and I look forward to what the futer brings :D

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
TJ

Originally posted by SPARKLIE CHICK
Thanks but this thread was not given the chance to turn into a debate rather than back slaping as it was hijacked by the mods and they then decended to banter none of the other posters did with the exception of paul, the main offender being Baco??????????

My 'jeez guy's get a room' comment was only made when the thread had already been moved to the 'announcements and queries' forum :p

Paul
:D