Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer new vid

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
True about the film bit but you dont play the part in a movie.
COD is a war game, i can't see the fun in killing people as they run next one they might put kids in 2 that might be fun:confused:
What kids? its an 18 certificate.

So what if you dont "play that part" in a movie?
You may watch it and read it in a book, and given good enough imagination, you can place yourself in the head of those characters.

Personally it didnt offend me at all , and I was happy to play it.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
While it may be necessary in terms of the storyline, making it a playable scene wasn't necessary. They knew it was going to be very controversial, hence the option to skip. Personally I think that level loses sense of it being a war game and shouldn't have even be considered as a playable scene - especially in a game that is a simulation. Call me soft, but I actually felt sickened just watching it.

Hell, even GTA didn't go so far to make killing groups of bystandars an aim. I, personally, think they went too far. Especially when they know that their consumer base are teenagers, regardless of certificate.
You are soft.
Its a game. It made sense in the context of the game.
I think the gravity of that mission ADDED to the experience of the GAME.
COD is not a war simulator. Far from it. I see it as an arcade shoot em up.
In what reality do you get shot 8000 times in a favela and not die?

Killing innocents wasnt really an aim, you can complete the mission just shooting in the air to scare people off.

Also, customer base is teenagers? Then its the responsibility of the parents. If you have kids, you should review the content of anything they are exposed to, be it books films tv internet. Therefore, review the content and censor as appropriate.

I can't shoot straight

Living Life to the Max! I think :P
Mar 14, 2005
Darlington
Well if you are find fun out of shooting people as the run and crawl away thats up to you. This game should not need to add gravity by killing innocent people. I think i might just wait until battlefield bad company 2

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
You are soft.
Its a game. It made sense in the context of the game.
I think the gravity of that mission ADDED to the experience of the GAME.
COD is not a war simulator. Far from it. I see it as an arcade shoot em up.
In what reality do you get shot 8000 times in a favela and not die?

Killing innocents wasnt really an aim, you can complete the mission just shooting in the air to scare people off.

Also, customer base is teenagers? Then its the responsibility of the parents. If you have kids, you should review the content of anything they are exposed to, be it books films tv internet. Therefore, review the content and censor as appropriate.
Hey, whatever floats your boat I guess.
:rolleyes:
I don't disagree on any point. I've never had any issue with any violence in games, but that video just struck me as a little off. I'll wait 'till I actually play through it before I make any more judgments. I just wish I'd brought my xbox home with me this weekend, I'd have been through it by now.
:(

Dexter

old skool!
Nov 3, 2008
if you are worried about children seeing violence in a game then they shouldnt be playing it in the first place. it is an 18 certificate. blaming acts of violence on games is just an easy way to try to get out of trouble.

if games like cod and manhunt incite violence, does super mario make people mess about with their plumming?

WizBit

Jan 26, 2009
You dont need to kill anyone in that level, you can just walk through it and not hurt one innocent sole.

But to be fair, they arent real, they are mere pixels so i slaughtered them all. They give you an awesome gun to do it with aswell.

Thoroughly enjoyed that mission, was needed to show the threat the main guy poses to society.