Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

More Cocker Problems

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
ok ill be here or here abouts will leave my pc on till i hear eather way :)

yeah forgot to mention its an absolute BITCH to open regs right up usually...but from what you described you didnt get at the stack of shims.

Davo

Goldmember
May 9, 2002
Middlesbrough
Visit site
Reg

I think you are right, as you look down the 'top' end of the reg (which screws onto the gun) I can see a brass disk which I assume holds the shims, could not get teh thing out though !

Anyway, just tried what you said, backed the screw right at the bottom of the reg out as far as possible and gassed up, same problem, the air first comes out of the barrell and then when gassed up fully the air is coming out of the small venting hole on the side body of the reg !

Any ideas? Shall I swap the bits around in teh reg to see if I made amistake putting it back together ??

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Cock the gun manually, the problem is the hammer is keeping the valve open.

So cock the gun manually, screw in your tank and open her up when the Ergo is backed out, then turn the Ergo up gradually until it get's past the point it seals the valve

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
can you remember how loose the screw was when you took it apart?

the air leaking from your barrel sudjests low pressure...ie not enough to push the valve closed against the main spring...your valve spring must be lighter than your main spring (thats not a prob)

think the barrel leak is being caused by the reg leak...did you find a tiny o-ring in there, trapped around the brass bit?

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by Beaker
Cock the gun manually, the problem is the hammer is keeping the valve open.

So cock the gun manually, screw in your tank and open her up when the Ergo is backed out, then turn the Ergo up gradually until it get's past the point it seals the valve
oh 'ang on a mo....is the ergo adjustable externally? or is it set like the standard in-line regs wgp do?

Davo

Goldmember
May 9, 2002
Middlesbrough
Visit site
Cheers beaker

Sorry to seem thick, but just so I get it right !!

Back the screw right out at the very bottom of the reg

cock the gun manually

the air will then come out of the barrel or vent hole

turn in the screw at the bottom until it seals itself

is this right ????

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
jahlad - yup, it's got the screw at the bottom, no the old style WGP reg

Davo, yes, although I have this nagging thing at the back of my mind that the Ergo threads the opposite way (i.e. anti-clockwise - out - increases pressure)

This has been asked before so I'll do a quick search