The Home Of European Paintball

mugging ettiquette?

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
If you're the mugger
Try and go for the pot pack rather than the back of the head.
Use the least amount of paint possible (1-2 shots)
If you get shot on the way, don't carry on, it'll only lead to arguments.

If you get mugged
Realise that its only a game
Look around more next time so you don't get mugged again
Don't turn and shoot once you've realised your shot

Alien

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Alien
If you're the mugger
Try and go for the pot pack rather than the back of the head.
Use the least amount of paint possible (1-2 shots)
If you get shot on the way, don't carry on, it'll only lead to arguments.

If you get mugged
Realise that its only a game
Look around more next time so you don't get mugged again
Don't turn and shoot once you've realised your shot

Alien
[/QUOTE

I agree with the 1-2 shots at the pack, as for the rest I say the marshalls should be aware enough of the game to pull you out if they see the paint breaks same if they see a mug as well all know just cos it hit doesn't mean it broke *cough*Chronic*cough* :D:D:D:D

Paul.

CJohns...go to tha back of tha mod class...

I think tha idea is that if more interesting tourney-based threds start going on tourney, then tha site traffic won't focus in here quite so much..doh!

As for bunkering etiquette - I tend to moonwalk up to tha bunker, then get some inverted method air, land in a swan dive and then plant two balls exactly over each eye so that should homeboy decide to puch tha envelope, he can't see to shoot...

peace

Yup I agree with you guys The thought of getting muged on sup air really put me off even trying.

After watching the pros chasing each other round the coke cans at campaing I mention no names but they were going for the head shots and from only feet away this really looked nasty and as we all tend to follow their lead .............. This is how I thought it was.

Having done a few mugging of my own now I am trying to go for pack and aviod anything that will hurt too much.

After practise at the week end have a nice "collection" of welts it's a him or me situation and I was dealing them out too!

And yup took one in arse and one on hip playing nottingham, one on arseok but other on hip a pain but then play with the boys and it's your rules. I have had far worse welts from wood land and more agressive play. Let alone marshalling. I always explain to rec customers it's up to them if they go home black and blue / bleeding if they get too close they will get hurt they don't want to do that so 99% of the time they play fair and not too full on.

Maybe it's time we had a line ?

I fully understand it's all about the heat of the moment and an adrealine sport. Why do you think I love it too am big time adrealine junkie but some teams are more sporting than othersI know teams who train for hand shots thus messing up the players games for the day. Any one here ever played with a shot up hand? I have was still pissing blood every were and stuck to glove, I've played games wondering if I will be able to drive home after hand shot and no feeling or movement in little finger.

You will always get agressive players who play the grey areas it streaches the whole spectrum of grey, from whipping to taking advantage of being nutral and abusing rookie marshals.

The ying to the yang is there are fun fair teams out there the ones who give the tourneys that play good atmoshpher. Not every one will ever play totally clean no sport manages it. Mother dear was a compertion long distance horse ridder (now a sport) and there rules are far strickter but they still got bent! But at least the pleasure riddes were on big pub crawl i kid you not lol good job horse only on water lol

See you all in the middle practising for the pack and not to squeel too much when lit up!! off to get legs waxed now god knows what they will say when they see welts lol do i care no stocking up on thick black stockings lol;)

sparklie

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Et voila! The thread has moved again!

On the flipside of this question: How often do you drill someone if you are not the mugger, but the muggee?
Let's say you look around your bunker and you see one of the other team's front guys bulling downfield straight at you. There's enough time for you to raise your marker and let rip with a string. Do you-
A) give him one in the goggles/whatever and tell him to get packing, or-
B) let fly with that lovely 14 shots/second that you've been spasmodically training on during the winter, and get more paint on him than Rembrandt's Nightwatch, with a few more for good measure?
Well?

Exactly I was training to move and one on ones and was doing nicely but need to practise on the deffintae final kill so as one or two nice claer him first shots:D I was one on one with freindly experienced player but still took 3 or so shots an am woose so would have gone out after one. But then it's back to bouncers too.

Lol happy medium is all I would like to see one on one the way I was moving up feild he didn't really have a chance to get a long shot in I was practsing agressive and he had no team mate to keep me pinned in so.........

See you soon buddha chat then lol

sparklie