Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Need a barrel!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Need a barrel for reballing so 14 inch .675 (or as close to this as possible).
alternatively if you've got a 12 inch .685ish that would be fine too.

just need something cheap and cheerful so no carbon fibre, freak kits etc :) budget of about £20

renie

Mar 2, 2008
what thread I may have a couple of old barrel that may suit your needs

renie

Mar 2, 2008
defo got some cocker barrels ill dig something out tonight for you

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
you can use any barrel for reball mate. people say "oh reballs scratch your barrel" but they actually dont. a small rubber ball verses a steel pipe? I wonder who will win... All you need to do is wash the barrel with hot water after. or at least before you use paint again. I just use my stock ego barrel. all the other people at the UWE society do the same thing. as for bore size any will do I use 89.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
you can use any barrel for reball mate. people say "oh reballs scratch your barrel" but they actually dont. a small rubber ball verses a steel pipe? I wonder who will win... All you need to do is wash the barrel with hot water after. or at least before you use paint again. I just use my stock ego barrel. all the other people at the UWE society do the same thing. as for bore size any will do I use 89.
your stock ego barrel is Steel?
reballs do damage barrels after a period of time due to the friction/surface of the rubber, anno wear is your 1st sign :) scratches can also happen if the reballs are not cleaned off properly it only takes a tiny bit of grit .

Reactions: Care_Bears

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
your stock ego barrel is Steel?
reballs do damage barrels after a period of time due to the friction/surface of the rubber, anno wear is your 1st sign :) scratches can also happen if the reballs are not cleaned off properly it only takes a tiny bit of grit .
Metal then, you know what i mean. there is only one main reball site i know of in the UK which is NPF. I know 2 other places that use them and that the SOCO uni team and the UWE uni team. Non of the UWE guys have had issues with reballs and barrels. you have more problems with loaders and reballs usually

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Metal then, you know what i mean. there is only one main reball site i know of in the UK which is NPF. I know 2 other places that use them and that the SOCO uni team and the UWE uni team. Non of the UWE guys have had issues with reballs and barrels. you have more problems with loaders and reballs usually
I'm not concerned about the reballs damaging the barrel, i'm wanting something with a better bore size.
the smallest barrel i have is a 14 inch .685 barrel but by the time you add on the extra couple of inches from the ifit kit it feels like i'm going jousting so i'm wanting either a .685 12 inch to use with the ifit, or just a .675 14 inch barrel with no adapter :)
and the 'damage' isn't caused by the rubber itself, its the dirt and stuff stuck to reballs that haven't been properly cleaned which occurs with paintballs over time as well.

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
I'm not concerned about the reballs damaging the barrel, i'm wanting something with a better bore size.
the smallest barrel i have is a 14 inch .685 barrel but by the time you add on the extra couple of inches from the ifit kit it feels like i'm going jousting so i'm wanting either a .685 12 inch to use with the ifit, or just a .675 14 inch barrel with no adapter :)
and the 'damage' isn't caused by the rubber itself, its the dirt and stuff stuck to reballs that haven't been properly cleaned which occurs with paintballs over time as well.
I havnt noticed any drop in a barrels performance (accuracy, FPS achievement etc) from using reballs. I know a few who use a smaller bore size (85) when using reballs but i know of no one who uses smaller and wouldnt see the difference my self as you are shooting at a reduced FPS anyway with reballs.

Also what is an Ifit? a barrel thread addapter?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I havnt noticed any drop in a barrels performance (accuracy, FPS achievement etc) from using reballs. I know a few who use a smaller bore size (85) when using reballs but i know of no one who uses smaller and wouldnt see the difference my self as you are shooting at a reduced FPS anyway with reballs.

Also what is an Ifit? a barrel thread addapter?
yeah its a small barrel thread adapter but uses its own insert kit (kinda like a mini freak kit). It's only a short length control bore but it gets the job doen of getting the fps more consistent.