The Home Of European Paintball

Need Acid

Demonic69

I Created a Mocka!!!
May 21, 2005
Barnsley, UK
Visit site
Tom Allen said:
do some internet searching ffs. There's loads of info on anodising.
I have done!! Lots and lots! But I'm trying to do this without spending £200 initially :D
There are some clever guys on here and I thought they'd be able to help.
FFS indeed Mr Allen!

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
A constant current supply whilst being the best for anodising will also work out the most expensive or difficult to make.

If you have a 12v supply of some sort capable of supplying a few amps (3 should be plenty) then you simply add 12v car lamps in sereis to adjust the current.

As the surface area of the part will also effect the resistance of the circuit, from my experience is that you don't really need to worry too much about measuring and adjusting the current. The supply i use is rated at 3A and has a 12v lamp in series, i just connect up the circuit and leave it for 3 hours (check every 30 mins or so to make sure it's not done anything stupid).

Your best bet is to get a few scraps of ally and try it, see what happens and modify your setup until it works reliably.

If i can iron out a few issues in my latest project gat may get round to anodising it this week, will post up details if i don't fry it :eek:

Demonic69

I Created a Mocka!!!
May 21, 2005
Barnsley, UK
Visit site
Right, I have a car battery charger, thay may work. Will see if it's an auto one or manual.
Would a variable resistor be better than car lamps? I can get one from Maplins cheap enough :D

magicmonkey

Life Begins In 10 Seconds
Jun 4, 2006
Lichfield
profile.myspace.com
soooo. you gonna anodise? if you want i can ask my dad ( has a mate that andoises) if he could do it and how much. if your intrested just drop me a PM, and i'll ask im. wont be much.

Chris ;)

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
Demonic69 said:
Right, I have a car battery charger, thay may work. Will see if it's an auto one or manual.
Would a variable resistor be better than car lamps? I can get one from Maplins cheap enough :D
a cheapish car charger on trickle charge should give you 1 to 1.5 amps, I'll see what my one does tonight.