Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Need advice for air tank

jack-amo

Oct 9, 2010
Sandbach
Hello

Im new to this forum sorry if the same/ similar topic has been posted before :eek:

Anyhow: Im new to paintball and have participated in several walkon games and now im really keen to get my own kit.

I've decided on the etek 3 for a marker with the invert halo too hopper. Trouble is I have no idea what air tank I should use!

Ive read up that I cant use CO2 and that i will need HPA but I am unsure if I should use 3000psi or 4500psi.

Another issue i've been pondering on is if I would be better off with a steel, aluminium, or carbon fibre tank. My understanding is the lighter the material, the more dangerous and fragile it becomes. What would you guys reccomend?

Ive been scouring the net for a while now to find the answer to these quetions, think its about high time I actually asked :D If theres anything else I should be aware of please let me know- and as Im new to the forums hello to you all!

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Steel Tanks holding 3000psi can be got for £30-50, but a fibre wrapped 4500psi tank will hold more air, and be lighter for it's size. For example, I can get around 700 shots from my Steelie, but more like 1500 from my 68/4500 fibre.
If on a budget, a steelie will be fine - but you WILL end up buying a fibre wrapped one long term, so better to start with one! £80 and up secondhand, £100 and up new. If buying secondhand make sure it's in test and has the correct markings for UK use - buy off here if unsure. Dye Throttles, Crossfire and Guerilla are all good brands that I have experience of, I'm sure others will also suggest some.

jack-amo

Oct 9, 2010
Sandbach
Steel Tanks holding 3000psi can be got for £30-50, but a fibre wrapped 4500psi tank will hold more air, and be lighter for it's size. For example, I can get around 700 shots from my Steelie, but more like 1500 from my 68/4500 fibre.
If on a budget, a steelie will be fine - but you WILL end up buying a fibre wrapped one long term, so better to start with one! £80 and up secondhand, £100 and up new. If buying secondhand make sure it's in test and has the correct markings for UK use - buy off here if unsure. Dye Throttles, Crossfire and Guerilla are all good brands that I have experience of, I'm sure others will also suggest some.
Ok the carbon fibre one deffinately seems to be worth the difference in money then. Are the fibre tanks durable enough for woodsball aswell?

Thanks,

- Jack