Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New and need advice

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
just watch out as the mini is a very small gun and is uncomfortable to hold for a lot of people. otherwise, great little gun.
Just to quickly mention before you go ahead and buy anything, are you actually going to play reasonably regularly with other regular players or will it just be a couple of trips a year like you done recently? So long as you are playing regular then go ahead and get your stuff.
Stay realistic with the budget, In that price range of guns you have the mini, proto rail and planet eclipse etha. in my honest opinion, the etha has the best board, asa, feedneck and feel over these other guns and its what i supply my university society with. a cheap 3000psi tank will keep your costs down and let you go play, I wouldn't bother with a 4500psi tank unless you plan on getting in to supair or maybe bigger scenario games where having a lot more air/a comfier bottle will benefit you.
and as for a loader, empire does a fantastic range of cheap loaders from the JT evlution (amazing performance although quite battery hungry) and also the halo too which was my first loader back in the day.
finally with masks, so long as its got a thermal lense which won't steam up, everything else is a bonus.
Buying everything i've listed from new should total just under £400 for EVERYTHING.

However if you want to maximise your budget then buying second hand could save you a small fortune. Obviously things might be scratched up and you won't have the same guarantee it works perfect, but so long as you are buying from reputable members on here, then that exact same setup could probably cost you about £250-£280. Or even better if £300 or so is manageable, you could get a better air tank, mask etc. for the same cash.

To get access to private messages, log out and back in ;)

Reactions: Revived

The Artful Dodger

Dec 8, 2014
I did actuall private message but I suppose asking here is no problem
Honest opinions please..empire invert mini. Halo hopper 3500 psi air and a v force grill mask..total £370
Which seems very reasonable
Now my dilemma is as was pointed out earlier,I think I find a larger hand grip a touch more comfy which is probably quite important ie pro maxxed...what does everybody think of all of this

The Artful Dodger

Dec 8, 2014
I've bought my first paintball set up today from just paintball...
Empire invert mini in red and grey
Halo too hopper
3500 air
V force grill mask in taupe/white se
With today's 15% discount = £330

Great deal I think....Mrs will kill me

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
very easy to work on, and yes, all guns will need some TLC and attention, but its all easy to learn. Best thing to do is not be tempted to adjust everything that can be adjusted, the trigger for example, first thing anyone does is adjust it to within an inch of its life, when really, that's just setting you up for it to stop working mid game. Leave it stock, and see how she shoots, and if something isn't right, get back to us and we'll try and sort it.

Reactions: mrb2287

Jake_134

Clueless
Dec 16, 2014
Dumfries, Scotland
Nice thread for me to read through to get general ideas :) choosing all this gear for myself at the moment, trying to do it under the radar so the missus doesn't kill me... Need to get out & try more masks on.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Nice thread for me to read through to get general ideas :) choosing all this gear for myself at the moment, trying to do it under the radar so the missus doesn't kill me... Need to get out & try more masks on.
its the only way mate! Like guns, you'll try a few and one will feel just right.