Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

new barrel

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
What confuses me is the number of different barrels in the 32 Deg. range.

With the Freak, you know what you're getting - same goes for a Boomstick (I think), but why the wide range of "silent" or "whisper" barrels?

Surely if ANY replacement barrel is better than the stock 8" Tippy barrel I'd be ok just to get the cheapest I can and save for the next marker?

(did I just say SAVE??:eek: )

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Standard bore??? :confused: what on earth is standard bore??? its quite simple really, paint varies, the exception being really high quality tournament grade paint and even that has inconsistancies from batch to batch. If you don't have a good paint to barrel match your accuracy and efficiency will both suffer!

Paul.

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
There's a smiley for that - :eek:

So if I'm owning my own equipment, is varying paint sizes something I should be aware of? I've just been blindly cramming paint into my hopper and running onto the field.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Joff
There's a smiley for that - :eek:

So if I'm owning my own equipment, is varying paint sizes something I should be aware of? I've just been blindly cramming paint into my hopper and running onto the field.
Yep you should deffinatley be aware of it. When you get some paint take about 20 and place them in the back of your barrel, (obviously remove barrel from your marker) then try and blow them through, if they roll out or blow out to easily then the barrels bore is too big if they get stuck and you turn red trying to blow the ball out then the barrel bore size is too small.

ABout 3 different bore sizes is ideal!

Paul.

your mom

wears army boots
ally^McK, i'd love to hear how the barrel does!please!

the freak does just come with a bunch of different inserts, and not the different lengh barrel end parts, so you can change the bore of the barrel as you wish, but not the lengh, unless you want to buy another end piece, and more inserts, as the ones you have will then be too long or too short.

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
Good point actually - so the inserts cover the whole length of the barrel insides?

What length is the back part?

your mom

wears army boots
i think that the back part of the barrel is four inches, or there about. check it out online for yourself, if you want.oh, nearly forgot, yes, i'm pretty sure that the inserts cver the whole inside, but if you want to be sure, ask the 'pros' that are around here. it might not go all the way to the end of the barrel (i.e. it might stop where the muzzle break starts).