Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New College Team

Meyer

Hey everybody, I know you've all seens hundreds of threads asking how to find sponsorship for a new team, how to become better players, etc. This is directed more towards college players that play on an existing college team, or are forming one themselves. The club I play for is ridiculously underfunded, we get a thousand US each year which must be split evenly between tournaments and rec play. Were are also obligated to have at least one trip each term which is open to anyone who wants to come, and we must pay for the bulk of that with club funds (the standing rule for any club is that it cost no person more than 10$ to go). We've got about 6-7 guys who are interested in tourneys, naturally some more so than others.

For those of you who have strong programs already, do you recieve much finding from your schools? if so, do you meet with much resistance from the student affairs board (or whatever you have)? Do you have relationships with local businesses to act as sponsors? Have you devoted yourselves to one specific field in order to develop a give and take? and for those of you who have your own field, like Rutgers, I envy the hell out of you. Finally, when the clubs started, did you jump right into tourneys, or did you play recball for a while to build up the skills?

Any input would be really appreciated guys, any sort of ludicrious idea that you used to drum up some funding we would try.