Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Ego Bolt

7lash

Planet R&D
The Cure bolt was developed to cope with the ever increasing demands of our Pro teams that want to shoot super-brittle paint without turning their guns into soup dragons. If you've never had a problem with the paint that you shoot then you don't need one of these bolts, however if you play during the winter then this bolt just might save you some grief.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
I took advantage of the free upgrade PE were kind enough to offer SL66 owners at Campaign.

First thing I noticed was that I had a huge increase in FPS. I was chronoing at about 290 as I didn't want to risk a hot shot with my standard SL66 bolt, after changing the bolt I did not expect any change in the dept. but thought to be safe I should check. First shot was 330 then 325 +/- 5 I had been having more trouble than normal with the paint(bad batch, very noticeable seem and dimples, it was chronic by the way) and had been breaking a fair bit with the old bolt this was reduced a bit with the new bolt. After we changed the batch. This also increased the consistency to +/- 2. And zero breaks. I tried it out with a number of different brands of paint and could not break with any.

Weight difference between bolts I don't believe was much.

Overall very happy with the upgrade but I think the biggest differences will show in the winter when more problems occur with brittle paint.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Sorry didn't word that correctly. With the new bolt the number of breaks was reduced on the dodgey batch. And then zero breaks on the new batch.

But as I said I really believe that these bolts will come into their own when it starts getting cold!

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
did it come with the black pin?

looks cool but i thought it was meant to lineup with the back of an 06 marker...seeing as the "bolt surround" on an 05 is longer...it wont line up. if you get what i mean. still form over funtion.