Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New MS gun rules

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
A press release is supposed to go out today.

The main changes are:

- Ramping only from 8 til 15
- No more than one shot after last trigger activation
- Players are not allowed to operate switches/buttons on the gun without a refs permission
- Players are not allowed to operate switches/buttons on the loader without a refs permission
- Shots stored for only 100ms and cancelled by next trigger activation
- Same testing methods as at the previous two events.

Personally I think it SUCKS, that the MS come out with this rulechange 1 week before teams leave for the event.

Rulechanges should not be made with shorter notice than 1 month - everything else is screwing the players over in my honest oppinion!

Nick

D

duffistuta

It's a farce.

But then tournament Paintball by and large is a farce at ther moment.

J

Johan

Players are not allowed to operate switches/buttons on the loader without a refs permission, NOW this is bull****!!!!!

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by JAC
This won't solve a thing and another software update??

This is starting to be a bad joke...
JAC
And you're paying to hear that bad joke, which makes it worse...it's like receiving tickets to see Bernard Manning when you ordered them for Bill Hicks.

Iron Lions - Ed

Oct 16, 2003
London
www.ironlions.co.uk
I agree on the notice needed. They said they did not change the rule at DMA as there was not enough time to give players fair notice. I don't see how 1 week before we head to Paris can be considered reasonable to change it again.

We spent the cash to stay competitive after PSP was allowed in Germany and now those boards are useless two events later!! Forget tamper proof boards next year as you will need full access to keep up with the rule changes.

psycho

Baggin ain't easy!
Apr 2, 2003
Stoneys Basement
dumb!!

- Players are not allowed to operate switches/buttons on the loader without a refs permission

WTF?? Thats the dumbest rule ever!!! Total Bul;l S@it!!

Zebra3

Jul 13, 2004
Visit site
So how are the manufacturers supposed to write software or make boards in this short time? I think they should change the name from the Millennium series to the Bollox series.

Steve Morris

Banned
Jan 16, 2004
3rd stone from tha sun
Visit site
Originally posted by Iron Lions - Ed
Forget tamper proof boards next year as you will need full access to keep up with the rule changes.
I can't comment on the released decisions but...

This is the reason we need to get this shizit worked out NOW for Season 2006 and get it LOCKED INTO PLACE with a promise of no changes.

Also, not to offend anyone, but the rule about not operating switches without ref permission on guns has been in the rules for some time now. The hopper switch rule is new however.