Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New player gun info. Sticky?

leekills

i want halo 3
Jun 8, 2006
norwich thorpe st andrews england
thanks 4 the helpfull tips on guns etc i now thick a electric marker is going 2 b the best buy either ion with upgrades 2 start with. or a standed sft shocker. as i am more of a nutty player and dont like sitting still and taking the odd pop shot.

Skeet

Platinum Member
WGP- Auto Cocker: Really no need to upgrade anything but a barrel wouldn't hurt either. A bit slower then a Ion
A bit??????
I would say a fair bit, to drasticly slower than an Ion.

I love cockers, but...a mech cocker (which is what you are talking about in that price bracket), has a max rate of fire of about a third of a stock Ion matey.

In this day and age, sad as it may be...whatever you want to do in paintball, assuming you actually want to invest in a marker...the only effective choice (IMHO), is an ION (if you want to buy new)....they are easily as hardy as an A5 or 98C, but miles easier to strip and clean. And then teh ROF comes into it.
Also...98c's and A5's, if they get battered about your stuck with it and they look ****e..ION, no problem...new body kit, gun is as good as new.

A post based on FACT, rather than opinion, unless you state that it is your opinion, would be better than what you posted...not, that it wasnt a good idea, or that anything you said was very wrong...but not how I would have done it.

Also...we are very UK based...

Tom37

Better Than Tom36
to be fair to him though, its a good idea. maby someone should do a propper one, perhaps to links with videos and an optional contribution thing, since no-one will have used everything... id be willing to colate other peoples reviews and add some stuff of my own... but you might be better just to read the gun reviews on the homepage of the beloved pgi :)

masterjedishane

Jun 8, 2006
I am not going to argue with any of the statements made here. I too have not shot every marker. I was giving a basic over view for a new player thinking about buying a new gun and the emphasis wasn't on selling a particular marker to anyone. I was giving general fair opinions on the products as I see them.

I'm willing to start a Better one with input from other people.

I'd just say to the effect of the 98, A-5 comment that either of those guns with a electronic grip will easily produce very nice results. Like I said they are tanks and highly upgradable. Now I know a lot of you are from Europe but I've personally seen a A-5 full auto and it's highly impressive. With the right board and a E-grip you are talking 25 BPS. Of coarse full auto is not allowed over in many places but a A-5 with a E-grip, Double trigger will easily hold it's own against any tourney marker. Heck a ION will not shoot 25 BPS the max is 20 with a blackheart board and I think the virtue board is the same (not for sure). That is my opinion... but I think you could about call it a fact.

Gun bashing is not anywhere I want to take this thread either.

It should be said that someone looking to buy a gun should do a little research before making that investment. Maybe go to a store and handle a few and see what you like or hit up the local field and talk to some people and most people will let someone handle thier marker and usualy shoot a couple balls or at least show off what thier gun can do. For the most part paintballers are a pretty cool group of folks.

Skeet

Platinum Member
I thought A5's were only capable of 15 bps, with the feed mechanism, although...if you believe what Tippman put in the adverts for a while, they are the fastest marker out there...ahem.

The ION, is limited by its stock internals. Fitting a QEV will allow it to cycle at 26 BPS...upgrading teh internal also helps. I dont think the Virtue is capped, none of teh other Virtue boards or chipped have been.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
masterjedishane said:
I am not going to argue with any of the statements made here. I too have not shot every marker. I was giving a basic over view for a new player thinking about buying a new gun and the emphasis wasn't on selling a particular marker to anyone. I was giving general fair opinions on the products as I see them.

I'm willing to start a Better one with input from other people.

I'd just say to the effect of the 98, A-5 comment that either of those guns with a electronic grip will easily produce very nice results. Like I said they are tanks and highly upgradable. Now I know a lot of you are from Europe but I've personally seen a A-5 full auto and it's highly impressive. With the right board and a E-grip you are talking 25 BPS. Of coarse full auto is not allowed over in many places but a A-5 with a E-grip, Double trigger will easily hold it's own against any tourney marker. Heck a ION will not shoot 25 BPS the max is 20 with a blackheart board and I think the virtue board is the same (not for sure). That is my opinion... but I think you could about call it a fact.

Gun bashing is not anywhere I want to take this thread either.

It should be said that someone looking to buy a gun should do a little research before making that investment. Maybe go to a store and handle a few and see what you like or hit up the local field and talk to some people and most people will let someone handle thier marker and usualy shoot a couple balls or at least show off what thier gun can do. For the most part paintballers are a pretty cool group of folks.

With comments like that i suggest leaving this thread for someone who knos what there talking about.

JoeJr

Feb 15, 2006
Birmingham
Tom37 said:
not a bad idea really... as it gets asked daily:rolleyes:
problem is most of us are english, so a pound conversion would be good. dont know if it will work that well though (sadly) as youve missed out a few guns... then theres all the variations of guns... like the high end cockers, and impulses.
and people will want a more concise definition of guns and barrel kits... not-there all pretty good. and not all viewloaders are that great, i mean compare a revvy with a halo:eek: theres quite a difference.

EDIT: yes, newer (and by that i meen from the ir3, i think) angels use low pressure... if your not sure, buy an adjustable reg ;)

its only the really new angel that need low pressure....the older ones arent that fussy but sitll best using LP