Leave it at 15 bps or reduce to 12 bps

Votes: 195 76.2%

Votes: 61 23.8%

• Total voters

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
semi only is a true indication of ability but can it be policed effectively?
This is sadly the case - to date, many solutions have been suggested but no major series wants to implement any of them.

I wonder if all those voting 15bps actually prefer the limit because they play a lock-down game, or they just don't want slower guns "'Cos fast gunz are teh secks"?

Can anyone actually give me a convincing arguement that 15.4bps allows a faster, more fluid game than 12bps?

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Currently we have 15.38bps (924 balls per minute) 65ms between each shot.
What I am asking you to consider is 12.5bps (750 balls per minute) 80ms between each shot.
Of course when making a decision on the cap rate you prefer you will have to consider your level of skill a highly skilled player will not need to rely on an increased quantity of paint, do you think if you are closing a lane down and you are shooting you gun at 280fps the increased in the gap in between shots will make that much difference.
You may also want to consider the reduced paintbill you may recieve.
This may be pointless if the Millennium Series don’t want to come in line with the rest of the world

Russ

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
can anybody tell the difference between 12 and 15, only way russ is to run a day with 12 as the cap and gauge the response,that way you will get proper views and not misguided ones:)

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
So you're the one? What'd'ya say, lads? I say let's string him up. I'll bring the pitchforks and torches, you get the rope. Maybe we tar and feather him first.

Yeeeee haaaw!

Russ - If you give people the option of 'more or less' for the same...they are going to choose 'more' everytime. The paint bill is a weak argument, as is suggesting that shooting fewer bps is just as effective as shooting more, in a game where the difference between winning and losing can be a very small margin.

b15cu1t - The difference between 12 and 15 is 3.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Some one had to say it........Drop it to 10 bps, that'll liven up the field.

I remeber the days of woodsball tournaments, all the guns were mech 7bps max, you could move about and it was much more exiting to play.

JAYDB

www.northernquarterpb.com
Dec 9, 2005
manchester,
why would you want to change it, 15 bps ramping is fine, it wont hurt any less if you take it down to 12 people are going to shoot each other and as many times at each other as 15 bps its a bit of a silly thread, but a good idea to vote :p