Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to paint-balling

Trigger15

Apr 5, 2010
Is it? Thort it didnt have all tournament settings as my mate couldnt enter some tournies, im not sure nw lol

Trigger15

Apr 5, 2010
Im sure it was etha, unless it just doesnt have pre sets coz mills is set to 10.3 bps for example, sorry dude

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Hi there my name is Daz im 25 and from Stoke-on-Trent

In the near future I plan on getting into paint-balling and as a noob I do not know much about the sport

All I really know is that I want to get into tournament paint-balling

The reason I posted is to get some information on which make of items I should be looking into getting for tournament paint-balling

Which do you think would be best for me to use, as a noob I don't plan on getting the best of the best so £1,000 markers would defiantly be out of my price range at this moment in time

Thanks for the help I do appreciate it

Daz
Ive owned both a rail and an etha and i can tell you now the Etha is the better gun..by a f**cking mile. The rail was cheap and good fun but its feedneck was made out paper, it doesnt have an OOPS ASA, its barrel is tiny and mine was somewhat unreliable. My friend also had one and for no reason at all the gun decided just to stop working altogether. Dye customer support it also notoriously bad. The Etha on the other hand is just as easy to operate and clean, has a far superior 2 piece shaft 4 (planet's latest barrel system), is fully tournament legal (again, my friends rail got turned away because he had it set to mills setting and it still fired at about 11 bps) and is an all round dream to use. The only down side to the Etha is that I find its trigger is a bit stiff. Despite that ive gone up against geo 3s, ego 11s, luxes and never felt out gunned. Its a dream to use and perfect for a new player like yourself as you wont need to upgrade it really. Unless you get into the upper echelons of tournament play and then it might be wise to go for something a bit more high end

Reactions: Trigger15 and H

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Just to echo, the Etha is fully tourney legal. It has a millennium suitable fire mode and it can also be adjusted to a different ROF limit if required.

Surprisingly enough all this information is in the manual:
http://files.planeteclipseb2b.com/manuals/etha/MAN0006V1.0EN.pdf

Also, Ethas are great guns. I borrowed one at an event last year and it was really nice. Of course it's not as refined as a Geo but unless you want to spend big bucks it's a great option. Planet's customer support is excellent, far better than Dye in my experience.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Just to echo, the Etha is fully tourney legal. It has a millennium suitable fire mode and it can also be adjusted to a different ROF limit if required.

Surprisingly enough all this information is in the manual:
http://files.planeteclipseb2b.com/manuals/etha/MAN0006V1.0EN.pdf

Also, Ethas are great guns. I borrowed one at an event last year and it was really nice. Of course it's not as refined as a Geo but unless you want to spend big bucks it's a great option. Planet's customer support is excellent, far better than Dye in my experience.
Having never been a dye owner I can't truly comment, but from what I can tell, they are just as easy to contact and they have a UK service centre so just as easy to ship to/get parts. Even seen that at the last CPPS event they had their tech on hand as well so what is missing really?

I'm saying this with a pinch of salt, but round 1 this year the Eclipse tech tent didn't stop all day and the Dye tent was a place of tranquility :D so do dye make better guns or are PE owners just careless? :p

for the record i've used PE guns for the last 4 seasons so i'm not a hater! :p

popitgoes

Apr 20, 2013
Stoke-on-Trent
Thank you for all the help I appreciate it

Iv been told a few times that dye as bad customer service so I'm not planning on buying anything from them unless I need too

My plans are to go for a geo or maybe ego later on

Also another question is there much of a difference between Etek and Etha?

Thanks in advance

popitgoes

Apr 20, 2013
Stoke-on-Trent
Thank you for all the help I appreciate it

Iv been told a few times that dye as bad customer service so I'm not planning on buying anything from them unless I need too

My plans are to go for a geo or maybe ego later on

Also another question is there much of a difference between Etek and Etha?

Thanks in advance