Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NEW to paintballing (help?)

chris_mbuk

May 25, 2008
Hey im new to the world of paintballing :] can someone give me some advice as what gun is the best for a newbie like me ? something thats going to last me or keep me going :cool: ill find my own gear i was just curious as to what gun i need as there is so many different ones which i havent a clue, help and advice needed ta :)

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
Questions you need to answer ..

1. What is your budget.
2. What type of paintball are you playing (sup'air or woodsball)
3. Is Air or Co2 available from your local site (air is always better)

Just helps give people an idea of what we're looking at as your first post is a little vague, as there are alot of markers out there! :p

I would recommend the classifieds pages on this forum though! pick up some great bargains :)

Welcome to the forum :)

Jacko

On the prowl again
Sep 16, 2005
cambridge
www.worldatwarpaintball.com
As above buddy,,there are a lot of markers about i would suggest trying some out before you buy,,if you play at a site most walkons dont mind you having a shoot of there markers ( any excuse to show there toys off )

but it does all depend what sort of paintball you are going to play as to what marker will serv you best.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
as niall w said, if you are doing woodsball a tippy, a-5 and markers like that would be fine.
if sup'air you'll be better of with a ion, pmr, slg and electro guns like that.
you can always check out the for sale threads as there will be all the gear you need for for not alot of monney.

chris_mbuk

May 25, 2008
well for a gun my budget is around £250, thats as far as id go and the type of paintballing id be doing is mucking around in some forest with a few mates and maby visist places for practice or comps, type of paintballs i dont really know, whats the best to use for what i have described ? reccomend me a gun for this also ta

JimbobUK

Mindful Violence
Mar 22, 2008
Farnham, Surrey
www.havokdesigns.com
Sounds like you'll mainly be playing reball, but still want the freedom to do the more competitve stuff.

I suggest an electro. Maybe a PMR. That is around £150 and is good in both the woods and speedball. That would still leave you with £100 on budget for a mask and tank. You would need to go air with the PMR though.

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
DONT GO IN "Some forest" !!

Make sure its safe, you have permission etc etc as you dont want the armed respsonse unit 'popping a few caps in yo ass' if you get my drift ;)
.. Go to a recognised and safe site.

(If air is available) .. Go for an SLG (120) Steely tank (50ish) Reloader 2 hopper (25) and then make sure you get a good comfy mask .. I recommend e-vents, grillz, flex's, proflex's etc ;):) It helps a lot more than you'd think. And then get a pack - pods etc.

P.s. Check your local site if you're allowed an electro marker or not .. and i Air or Co2 is allowed.
Best bet is to find a close site that does walkon days .. which - put simply - are 'brig your own gun days'