Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New valve technology??

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
That aside, a very light, smooth running hammer would have to be used, I would be thinking of a Metal face/sear retention assembly with a delrin sleeve.

I wish I had access to a machine shop to give these ideas a go.

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
It could be done using a design nearer to that of the evolve newton valve, balanced at the front of the maker not behind the poppet.

I like the idea of it bouncing off paint but with eyes is that really an issue anyway? That and the fact that you would have to manually recock it would mean it would never be considered a replacment for a electropneumatic marker, not for tourney use anyway but i guess it may make a decent recball marker.

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
but from what i gather so far this wouldbe done on blowbacks and alot of low end-mid range blow backs dont have eyes so it would be advantagoues for the likes of the spyder pilots, fenix, piranha etc etc etc

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
Strawb said:
It could be done using a design nearer to that of the evolve newton valve, balanced at the front of the maker not behind the poppet.

I like the idea of it bouncing off paint but with eyes is that really an issue anyway? That and the fact that you would have to manually recock it would mean it would never be considered a replacment for a electropneumatic marker, not for tourney use anyway but i guess it may make a decent recball marker.

I personaly would rather have to recock the marker than get a smeg tbh, and why do people think it wouldnt be fast enough??

Strawb said:

Yes this is how the one I saw was configured. The reason why the piston has been moved on the ego (and similar) is because the LPR goes in front of the valve.

On an angel (and most over and under blowbacks) the valve chamber is right up to the front of the gun, so the piston can go right there.

This is one problem I have with these new configurations.
With the evolve newton kit you need to lube the piston every couple of months (as regular as normal angel maintinence).
This is simply a case of unscrewing the volumiser, putting grease on the piston orings and then screwing the volumiser back on.

As mentioned in another thread, you need to take half the internals out of the ego to get to the valve.

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
the ego can be done fairly simply tho, unscrew the reg undo the frm, loosen the grip frame screws abit(so the frm can be moved more), this will allow removal of the lpr assembly, and then access to the piston is there

sie2050

WCK Killa
Oct 11, 2004
swansea, wales, uk
Visit site
thank god theres a united kingdom
bit random i know but on pbnation or any other site there would not be such a detailed thread on a design some good ideas there id be happy to test this valve in a marker just to see if it lives up to the theorectical claims made:D
-si-