Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Nexus and Tigers set to collide

Nexus Prattowski

Blue Blood >> Sandbagger!
Jun 11, 2002
Sorted - if, and only if we lived in a sugar coated world Steve. But alas we dont. - Unfortunately the precent has already been set when numerous US teams were opting to use LA. The highest ranked team got the LA name and the rest had to chose a different city name. And thats just the way the cookie crumbled. The same thing is now happening with the London tag. The highest ranked team (Nexus) get the name and unfortunately for Tigers they'll have to use something else.

Yes Gaz, half the Nexus team including the team owner 'coincidentally' live in or around london. - Just adds weight to my previous post that we want London for the connection that many of us have to it along with the marketing Kudos that goes with it.

Steve Morris

Banned
Jan 16, 2004
3rd stone from tha sun
Visit site
Originally posted by Nexus Prattowski
Sorted - if, and only if we lived in a sugar coated world Steve. But alas we dont.
Admitted I oversimplified. But the essential difference here is that in this case there are two teams that have actually used the London moniker longer than a whole season and both have significantly invested in that name. There hasn't been two teams using the LA name so that makes it a whole different situation. It's not just theoretical.

I still stick with my opinion that NPPL ought to have another look-see since this name-game has negative impact on one team that is disproportionate to the "market value" they rightly seek.

Another thing, just to be sure, is that I would express the same opinion if the situation were reversed and Nexus were fighting to keep the name they've invested in.

I also understand Nexus' position now and I would fight that corner also if I were in their shoes since it looks like they've grabbed the flag. Of course Nexus have to look after their own interest.

NPPL, think it over and compromise in the favor of fairness.

Nexus Prattowski

Jun 11, 2002
Steve,

Theres nothing for the NPPL to think about, the ruling has been set.
It would be hypocritical of the NPPL to allow the use of the London tag between two teams (for any reason) and there would sure as hell be an outcry from those teams that wanted to use LA as their city name who were then forced to select somewhere else instead. And rightly so! - Rules are rules and if you ranked higher you get the name, and thats how it works - for ALL teams in the NPPL PRO league. It's fair and its just for all concerned although obviously there will be some teams on the wrong end of the stick but hey, thats life.
If the NPPL is to maintain its integrity on this particular issue then they must stick with the ruling that they have set and enforced up until now.

Steve Morris

Banned
Jan 16, 2004
3rd stone from tha sun
Visit site
I would say that myself if I were you but I still think they can compromise in this situation because significant economic and good-will damage would be done otherwise. To paraphrase my favorite hippy rebel hero: rules (however well-meant) were made for people, not people for rules.

NPPL would only gain respect for showing they can listen and adjust when necessary.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by wee-man
too late Edinburgh has a team Edinburgh Keltics ......lol
And whats the Keltics rank last season in the NPPL? ;)

Which is where all this argument has come from.

In the Whole Greater/outer London there are quite a few football teams, all London Teams, but

Chealsea, Fulham, Tottenham, West Ham etc etc.

I know the ruling does not play well for the Tigers in this case, however people are still linked to the Tigers brand as well as the locality, If its an issue of marketing, send a press release to the appropriate papers, sponsors, fans.

Dear All,

Due to new rule infringements for 2005 London Tigers are having to Relocate, From 2005 the Tigers will be Known as Essex Tigers, Kent Tigers, Chelsea Tigers,

I know its not ideal and I know that it plays badly for either side which ever way you choose to rule it.

Steve is right the NPPL should let both play it out under London, However it looks like it wont happen so.........:confused:

fuzzy juzzy

Registered Abuser
Feb 23, 2005
hertfordshire
Right f**k it, we should get to decide the old fashioned way:

A winner takes all, best of 3 or 5 games match at a the training site j10 M25 by the Black horse pub.
I know that both teams have trained there at least once so it would be fair and they know where it is.

Neutral marshall my team would be more then happy, marshalled Dartford 7's

What do u reckon???
:D :D :D :D :D

DaveCopsey

Foreign Legion
Feb 16, 2002
Reading
Visit site
ummm

How about no. Its not needed. This thread is pretty pointless as the rules are clear and it has allready been decided. Shall we start a thread about who is gonna win bitburg 2005? That would be just as intresting.

Copsey

Nexus Prattowski

Jun 11, 2002
My eyes are drying out,...... oh my god hands up if you think this is the most boring thread on earth,Piper nice quote!!!!! My personal opinion is, i dont give a stuff" London this London that" .To be honest London is a profile name but our profile was built on "Nexus", Robbo and the players.If tigers need it to boast theirs good luck to them.But Robbo only does what he thinks is best for the team so we stick buy him.

For the love of god can please just play paintball........

Jamie Nexus 4 life