Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

No More NSPL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
So are we to presume that by your comments that any teams or players that participate in these so called "substandard & novelty" tournaments (your words not mine) are of substandard ability also.

I don't want to enter into a c0ck measuring contest with you just a straight and honest reply would suffice.
A fair question, to be met with a fair answer. I believe that the Masters operates at a substandard level, in terms of quality of facilities,This is not to say that all teams participating are of a substandard level.

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
@madness, I'm a keyboard warrior, good one. I'll say the exact same to his face, as I'm sure he'll voice his opinion of me. how to better paintball? weed out the weak series' like the masters, or don't. I dont care. Or weed out the novelty series'... or don't, you stick to the forumula 5's.. you revolutionist, you.
thanks Dave because this comment helps get back on track. The sport of paintball needs structure. From beginner to pro and without a governing body this can never happen. So we neen proper uk player registration which under that umbrella you have insurance air safety training also this scheme could stop more experienced players jumping in with newer teams and making it a unpleasant experience playing novice tournaments as used to happen with KoTH and NSPL .
As for novelty tournaments no event supported and sanctioned by a governing body would not be a novelty it would be fit for purpose which would be to grow a domestic paintball scene a healthy paintball circuit form your hobby player to your pro player.

And as for formula 5's it's been going for four years now with very strong support from players and teams it's been played on woodland sites on a sup,air feild and in Europe in this time. it's brought new players in to regular tournaments. For me it's been a platform to run a team of young and new player mixed with experienced players to further this sport and I would support this series as being one of these governing body sanctioned tournament series.

So once again Dave thanks for helping to get back on track.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broken Arrow

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Substandard as in what sense ?

I have only played the first two rounds of the UK Masters this year and i can't comment on any previous events prior to 2007.
And all i can say isthe two events i have played this season have been far from substandard,with good game scheduling and little to no waiting times,exceptional marshalling,excellent playing surface's and most importantly a friendly playing enviroment with a great atmosphere.

I'm sure Wendy does the best with what resources she has available to her and i'm sure that is the same for most other tournament organisers that run smaller events.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broken Arrow

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Substandard as in what sense ?

I have only played the first two rounds of the UK Masters this year and i can't comment on any previous events prior to 2007.
And all i can say isthe two events i have played this season have been far from substandard,with good game scheduling and little to no waiting times,exceptional marshalling,excellent playing surface's and most importantly a friendly playing enviroment with a great atmosphere.

I'm sure Wendy does the best with what resources she has available to her and i'm sure that is the same for most other tournament organisers that run smaller events.
does she still use the snake with eyes and a tongue?

Reactions: Dave284

bruce

What do u mean i missed!!
Mar 1, 2002
teams i think will do what's best for themselves no matter who's running it, having played the masters and CPPS last year, i have seen very little difference between them, both series have some great ideas, both run the current Millennium fields with the latest bunkers, both play the same formats (ok CPPS also has race to 4) and both have problems which no doubt both Wendy and Richie will do there best to sort it out. (cant comment on Formula 5 or NPSL having never played either)

Personally i enjoyed playing both, personally im not interested in the whole paintball politics thing as it just get in the way of playing ball. having been in the sport for what seems like an age (started back in 1989 ;)) i have played in many events and leagues they all come and go and when one folds another will usually start up. its the circle of life.

what i don't quite understand is the personal attacks im seeing on the various people running the events based on what exactly?? as im guessing that you haven't even played any of the events your slating in a while so how can you have in all honesty an objective view.

Politics will kill this sport

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Oh well looks like the masters will be busy this year then, should be a good series!

If any of the nspl teams want to try is Formula 5 is a real good game to, between these two events it will keep your diarys full :D

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
So obviously no one cares that they are about to be banned then?

People need to take a deep breath, turn away from the monitor and go get a glass of water. There are strong (And wrong) opinions on either side of this argument that no one needs to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.