Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Northern Masters - UKM7 at NSPA

NSPA

The Mouth
X Ball review at NSPA

If I may quickly say, without to much annoyance, a huge thank you to the UK Masters for choosing and running this great day at the NSPA site, their marshals, field setup, the whole god damn thing! Cheers from all of us to all of you!

A Brief Review:
(A full review with all the photos will be found at): http://www.northernstarpaintballacademy.co.uk/nspa.asp

Four teams of 8-10 players, including very experienced to first time X Ball players arrived at stupid o’clock on a morning that Michael Fish would call a beautiful Autumn dawn? Field walk, Marshals meeting, Captains meeting, first game before 9??? Keen doesn’t seem to justify the overall attitude, excluding myself obviously (if I dare confess was becoming more and more seduced by the Seven Sins Kafe). Then all hell was let loose, fast, frantic and pure wild indulgence of the paintball nature was there to be seen! It really was a smaller version of Lincoln on show! Sideline coaching, extreme paint disposal and frenetic buzzer action. It was like watching a boxing match with 8 minute bouts split into as many rounds possible in that time!
DV8 showed their experience and played to their standard, not letting up for no-one in the morning, Mad Monks including the support from Jakass didn’t quite take to the style of play and coaching going on, but faired so much better later in the day. Vudoo were hyped, but took the morning to get used to the new format and total newbies to this format and big Tourney’s was the newly formed NSPA team, who were definitely shell shocked by the lunch time break.

Time out was called at 12.30, if nothing more for us to catch our breath. Also to indulge in homemade offerings and too many in my opinion, ½ pound bacon double cheeseburgers (Gaz?), but it seemed to do the trick. The games restarted with Vudoo beating DV8, who like I said looked invincible in the morning (blame Richie you guys), but that was the only time they faltered throughout the day. Vudoo looked inspired and played out of there newly found socks, all seemed impressed, even the spectators who by now were mesmerised, if not totally confused with all what was happening, also the sun was well and truly shining and I was hardly able to speak, through all the shouting, which seemed to please far to many people to my dismay. 72 Games were played that day by 4 teams! That’s scary! But that’s X Ball!

It all would come down to Vudoo V NSPA to determine who would take the Cup for the first NSPA X Ball Tournament. If Vudoo could beat NSPA 5-0 in 8 minutes it would have to be a play off between DV8 and Vudoo for 1st place! The Mad Monks had already secured 3rd so all NSPA had to play for was pride and a short, fat, bald fella on the side lines. Now due to the fact Vudoo and NSPA are from the same stable, do we wish for a win for Vudoo to take it to a play off, or do we wish for NSPA to get their first win in a Tourney………………?

DV8, I really appreciate you coming to play at the NSPA site, thank you.
Mad Monks, can’t live without you, your all mad and make me smile so much.
Vudoo, you are a perfect ambassador, I’ll see you around the country.
NSPA, bit gob smacked for once, I’ll shut up, just listen to your captain.

And that’s all that happened, well sort of, the final story and results are on the NSPA website.

Daz for NSPA.x (well it was supposed to be brief, but you all know me, get a bit carried away sometimes)

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
Well done to NSPA for ulling that out of the bag and bringing us back down to earth (we'll settle for a close second place this time though) Looking forward to the continuation of the UKM7.

Thanks Daz for everything you have done for me, Vudoo and of course for NSPA.
Sid,

You know us mate, more than happy to bring people down to earth if it is going to throw us up on cloud 9, now all I have to do is work out how to get the team to play as a team..... Hmmmm More Cheeseburgers me thinks

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: