Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL Paint?

R

raehl

Anytime.

I seem to recall CAmille mentioning that someone(s) were working on updating the rules.

- Chris

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
wee bit more pricey..

Entree fees are:

Pro $1650
Am $1550
Nov $1450
Rookie$1350

I had these written down from awhile ago but i think they listed them where you register also on thier site..

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Re: wee bit more pricey..

Originally posted by Mark/Static
My bad, the little click here following the "To register your team for event #1...." in the midst of the membership form. That's pretty hard to miss. :rolleyes:

Its a tough site to navigate at first...Lotta things spaced out in a bunch of different directions..I bet if i took a whole night looking over it i could probably find the answers to every question thats been posted on here so far:p

And what are you guys doing for the season..Staying AM,X-Ball,Super 7??Have your sponsors dictated which way to go??And any new pickups along the way??

Mark/Static

Re: Re: wee bit more pricey..

Originally posted by headrock6
And what are you guys doing for the season..Staying AM,X-Ball,Super 7??Have your sponsors dictated which way to go??And any new pickups along the way??

We were gonna try to start off with the S7 H. Beach, then Mardi, then PSP LA, then file bankruptcy. :D
Hope the ID's we paid for in Gettysburg, and waited in the hot sun for an hour qualify as a membership with the S7, cuz they never been used! :mad:
I'm told Mardi is supposed to be byop, but I'll see that when I believe it. ;)
PSP has yet to officially name a location in LA other than near, and I have about 3 emails regarding X-Ball that have yet to be answered, even with an, "I don't know."
More than likely one of these lofty goals will not happen for us, not because of lack of info from the organizers, but because of us biting off more than we can chew. If there's any justice, the event we don't attend will be the event run by those with the lesser amount **** together.

To "Baca Loco"

Originally posted by Baca Loco
Apparently not.

I'm not sure where your e-mail was sent to, but I do not have a single e-mail in my inbox that I haven't replied to or forwarded to the appropriate department. Again, my e-mail address is Camille@nppl.tv and my phone number is (303) 520-3027

I don't shy away from questions, if I don't know or can't say then that's what you'll hear from me. If I find your "tone" offensive or what have you, then I'll let you know and ask if that's the way you meant it. Unfortunatly I have not been able to visit this site recently and apologize if you were feeling neglected.

Feel free to contact me at any hour or over the weekend to clear up any questions. We are updating the site daily with more information. It would be good to hear from you.

Thank you,
Camille Baker
Director of Marketing
National Professional Paintball League
www.nppl.tv
Camille@nppl.tv

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Thanks, Camille

I don't know how to explain it myself as I used the link in your profile (which is the one in your post) and received no notice that the message failed to be delivered.
I'll try it again. In the meantime here's the content of the coming email just in case.

Hi, Camille,
I have a few questions regarding the Huntington Beach event upcoming. Hope you can help.
How many teams go thru from the prelims in each bracket? To a semi's bracket? Same as the old NPPL breakdown?
Do the currently posted rules apply--mostly? (As there is no mention at all of 7-man format in the posted rules.) And if the players don't have current rules as a guideline what are the refs gonna be using?
There has been talk that registration will be limited? Will it, and if so what is the max number of teams?
Re: memberships. Is it the NPPL's intention to incorporate the team and player list into the IPPL system? If not, does the NPPL plan on doing something similar? Just how does a NPPL membership provide any benefit to the players?
Thanks for your time.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Camille's Reply

How many teams go thru from the prelims in each bracket? To a semi's bracket? Same as the old NPPL breakdown?

Camille--[Yes, it will be the same breakdown as it was with our 10-man events. 8 teams make it into the semi-finals and 4 teams move on to the finals.]
Actually, depending on the size of the bracket couldn't it be 16 to the semi's?

Do the currently posted rules apply--mostly? (As there is no mention at all of 7-man format in the posted rules.) And if the players don't have current rules as a guideline what are the refs gonna be using?

Camille--[The Rules Committee is working on the rulebook; I actually just finished replying to e-mail from Glen Forster (member of Rules Committee) regarding setting up a meeting for them. The book will be very similar to the Millennium Series Rules for those of you that are familiar. The referees will be using these rules, the 2003 NPPL Super 7 World Series Rulebook, for the Huntington Beach event.]

There has been talk that registration will be limited? Will it, and if
so what is the max number of teams?

Camille--[Yes, registration will be capped at 100 teams for this first event, but that number will probably go up throughout the season.]
In a second email Camille did say there are contingencies should registration exceed 100 but the cut off date is firm.

Re: memberships. Is it the NPPL's intention to incorporate the team and player list into the IPPL system? If not, does the NPPL plan on doing something similar?

Camille--[As far as memberships are concerned, there are a few different organizations that have contacted us regarding implementing their systems or providing them with our information. A decision has not been made at this time.]

Just how does a NPPL membership provide any benefit to the players?

Camille--[Member Services is a group that works on services for our members and that’s it. They are focusing on discounts at approved paintball fields and stores, insurance products, hotels, airfares and car rentals. The following are two press releases that have come from them this week regarding what they are working on for our members (Our press releases are sent throughout the Paintball industry and are posted on our website
as well)

Huntington Beach, CA --- If you are a paintballer eager to meet the finest competitors on the field of tournament play, or someone who is a supporter of the sport, The National Professional Paintball League is for you!

NPPL is now accepting applications for 2003 membership.

In addition to facing the most competitive paintball players in the
world, NPPL members receive a photo identification card, NPPL stickers and a complimentary one-year subscription to top publications such as Paintball News (www.paintballnews.com).

These publications contain high impact articles and features and up-to- date product reviews. NPPL members will also receive "ZONE UP", the League's quarterly newsletter, with the latest information on tournaments, ranking, and player's profile. In the next few months, NPPL members will also earn special discounts at approved paintball fields and stores, insurance products, hotels, airfares and car rentals.

"And if that isn't enough, we plan to add even more membership benefits in the near future" states Chuck Hendsch, NPPL President. "We also encourage players and supporters to check out our website at www.nppl.tv for new membership perks, the latest issues facing the sport, NPPL rules and history and tournament results.

"We are really stoked over how quickly www.nppl.tv is catching on across the country and know players and supporters will enjoy "zoning up" as a member of the fastest growing sport in the world."

Discount Hotel Rates for NPPL Members

Huntington Beach, CA --- reserve your room at the Comfort Suites Hotel by 1/22/03 and reduce your room rate to $59.99 per night. Suite sleeps up to 4 persons.

Comfort Suites also serves a complimentary continental breakfast to all their guests and is located only 4 miles to the Huntington Beach pier where Event#1 of the NPPL Super Seven World Series will be held.

Don't delay - room availability is limited!!

Call 714-841-1812; let the attendant know you're with the NPPL to receive the discount.]

I still don't quite understand the reluctance to disseminate info and as to the merits of the membership I'll leave that to you all.