Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL Super 7..The real deal!!

R

raehl

Originally posted by headrock6
But what if its the only diner left to go??
Eat at home.

And again, I didn't say you didn't have a right to complain, just that the only effective way of making a business change is making it matter to their bottom line. So yes, not going becuase you don't like the product is exactly what you should be doing.

Course, that doesn't mean anyone is able to offer you the product you want at the price you're willing to pay, but thats why not everybody gets to drive a BMW.

- Chris

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Here's one:

Originally posted by raehl
I'd like to see a comparison of the rental costs for a city stadium in Europe vs. a privately owned stadium in the US, especially after taking into account union-mandated labor wages and benefits at the private US facilities.

- Chris
we aren't limiting this to the venue - we are also saying all the other aspects of the tournament need to be better. The venue is just a very easy and quantifiable example.

Originally posted by Wadidiz
Andy Piper, Baca, Buddha, Headrock, Robbo, Shamu, Manike, TJ, me and a host of others (not that numbers make right):
Like I just get lumped in with the others! :rolleyes: I've wasted more seconds of my life than most on this.

You 1-4-1 me ONCE and you just ignore me after, I get it, I know your sort, I've got your card marked old timer.

:)

R

raehl

You know...

Considering that intelligence is the far more rare quality, wouldn't being in the minority make me MORE likely to be correct? ;)

As for the stadium thing, it's just an example of how stuff in Europe doesn't easily translate to stuff in the US, as a result of some investigation into what it takes to rent a stadium around here.

- Chris

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Re: Here's one:

Originally posted by Beaker
Like I just get lumped in with the others! :rolleyes: I've wasted more seconds of my life than most on this.

You 1-4-1 me ONCE and you just ignore me after, I get it, I know your sort, I've got your card marked old timer.
:)
Deepest apologies, Beak. I knew I wrote that too hastily and that I would miss at least one major player.:eek:

Keep up the good fight, I think I'm finally starting to reach my burnout point.

Steve

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
One thing guys,

I've been stumbling on this "stadium argument" a couple of times now, but Millennium series aren't always in stadiums. I get the feeling Chris thinks that we play in the European equivalent of the Superdome or something. We have great venues, but they ain't all stadiums. One thing they do have is well cared for lawns, often with underground drainage, so that when it rains, it doesn't turn into a mudbath. That's the sort of thing we're looking for. If it's a stadium, great, if it's just a sportspark, still great!
Chris, labour cost in some parts of Europe is way more expensive than in the US. Holland for example is one of the most expensive countries in the world when it comes to labour. I have worked for several foreign companies, including US based ones. When any of these companies opened up new businesses in Holland, they flew in workers from where they were from, for the single reason that it was cheaper to fly in people from the States, and give them food and lodging, than it was to rent Dutch guys to do the job.

R

raehl

Nah...

I know what kind of stadiums you're referring to, I'm not assuming the Skydome or anything.

But in the states, we don't really have a whole lot of stadiums like that - it's either private venues, or college/high school stadiums. Munincipally owned stadiums/sport parks like those common throughout Europe are kind of a rarity around here. We had a really sweet one at Technische Universitat Darmstadt, which would be great for holding a paintball tournament at, but there just really isn't the ready equivalent in the states.

- Chris