The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL Worldbreaking news!

Milky

Jan 20, 2004
www.ukasylum.co.uk
http://www.rushhour.se/nyhet/nyhet.asp?ID=187

NPPL Official Statement

Worldbreaking news!

NPPL has now made a official statment regarding the Final game between Joy and Dynasty in Comanders Cup.

This turn things around and its now very clear the refferies made some big mistakes in the final game Joy vs Dynasty.
The statement very unique and brings a lot of justice for Joy Stockholm, its just sad the rightful winners did not get their crown in Orange County.

"NPPL Official Statement
Commander's Cup 2006 Final Pro Game San Diego Dynasty v Stockholm Joy 8th December 2006.
NPPL Ultimate Dave Zinkham has carefully studied the situation and held lengthy
discussions with players from both teams and match officials and has made the
following Suspension Review.

1. The Stockholm Joy suspension will be lifted.
2. At no time did any Joy player shoot after his armband was removed.
3. Brian Cole will receive a warning for shooting after his armband was removed.
4. Alex Fraige will receive an official warning for physical contact."

Download the NPPL Official statment PDF http://www.rushhour.se/npplstatement.pdf

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
Slightly disheartened but at the end of the day they got the trophy, and the money so do they care? i doubt it.
thats the point, there's no sportsmanship in many/any of the US teams, i bet, BET if the situation were reversed, Joy would hand them the trophy, with a handshake...

they prob dont care, but id feel embarrased if i were given a title i didnt deserve...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
thats the point, there's no sportsmanship in many/any of the US teams, i bet, BET if the situation were reversed, Joy would hand them the trophy, with a handshake...

they prob dont care, but id feel embarrased if i were given a title i didnt deserve...
Gurkha, I know Magued extremely well, and in my opinion, he wouldn't hand the trophy back at all.
I am not implying in any way that he, or any of his players are moral reprobates; I am similarly not implying they are angels.

Now some people will suggest, no matter what the reasons are for not handing back the trophy, that if you decided to keep it in the present situation, then you are morally compromised.
This maybe so...

I will however say this much, Joy Division have played in the US for a few years now, they have had many situations and experiences where they feel, sometimes justified, that they have been dicked over, either by the propensity to cheat from other pro teams or incompetent and / or biased judging.
Put it this way, it's more difficult for a Euro team to win in the US than it is an American team, if anybody wishes to debate this then they are either misguided or lying.
I played in the US at the top level for 5 years, I have watched many games where Euro teams have been involved, I know what goes down.

I don't think any bias is as bad as some people make out but it surfaces now and then and at the top end of competition, you only need a couple of less than fair decisions, and you are well and truly fukked.

Magued, in my opinion would keep that trophy because he knows full well that any other team would do the self same thing and if that's the way the game's played, then so be it.
His decision to keep the trophy in such circumstances would be a reactionary one and not borne out of any inherent propensity to cheat on his part.

I would even go as far as to to say, if he did hand that trophy back, he would be a fool, and trust me, Magued ain't no fool.
Why on earth would he hand the trophy back to a team he knows full well would dick him in a heartbeat?

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Our official answer.

We have received the answers from NPPL regarding the OC final game between San Diego Dynasty and us. We are pleased to see that NPPL have taken this issue seriously and are trying to make things right.

We have noted that the suspension on our player has been lifted. NPPL came to the conclusion that an eliminated player who is playing on can’t claim to be overshot. NPPL instead gave a warning to Brian Cole of Dynasty and by that laid to rest Dynasty’s claims that they won the game because our player was over-aggressive.

We are also glad to see that Alex Fraige has received a warning for physical contact and that the claim that Joy played on has been cleared.

It should now be clear for anybody that if the officials had made the right calls on the field, the win would have gone to Joy Stockholm and the series title to Sacramento XSV. Many have told us to just let this issue go and instead concentrate on future events. For us it has been a matter of principle. We couldn’t accept the bias showed by Mr Perez and that we would have a suspension. We didn’t ask for the win and we don’t care about the money. We care about paintball and simply want teams to be able to compete under the same conditions. Winning at any cost has never been our style.

Magued Idris – Joy Stockholm