Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NQ Newbie Tournie players please sign in

Luke C

Banned
Apr 15, 2006
Unsportsmanlike
www.xpres.co.uk
Right guys, same format as before and we want to make sure everything goes as smooth as possible for everyone.

this is for the 27th of Jan event.

Right guys, so here is the deal.

In this thread I will compile a list of all the players attending the tournament.

You will need to pay the £15 green fee up front before we add your name to the list. This obviously avoids people saying they will turn up and then not coming which will spoil it for the others.

Payments can be made to payments@northernquarterpb.com - Please dont forget to add 4% if using paypal.

If you need to transfer money into our account or send a cheque then please let me know and I will give you the details you need.

When you post up on here please use the following format

1. Name of player/s

2. Method of payment and if it has been sent

3.Paint required and how much

After we have payment I will put your name on the list.

You can pay for paint on the day.

Get signing guys, this is going to be a top day - really looking forward to seeing you all there!

Please remember, you dont have to be in a team. We can cater for single players too and make you up into a team

*****​

1) Lee Etchels - paid - 1 box of paint
2)Manuel Segui - paid - 1 box of paint
3)James stuart - not paid - 1 box of paint

4)Colin Ball - not paid
5)Romaine Hibbert - not paid
6)Luke Winterbourne - not paid - 2 Boxes of paint for this group

7)Simon thorneloe - not paid - 1 box of paint
8)matt duncan - not paid
9)chris friswell - not paid - kit required (clothing only)

10)adam nixon - not paid
11)aaron zack - not paid
12)stefan wisniewski - not paid - one box of paint for this group

13)dave prescott - not paid
14)paul eaton - not paid
15)

16) Ian Gough - not paid 1 box of paint
17) Matt Gough - not paid 1 box of paint

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Luke. After speaking to a few who attended the last one may I offer the following tip - split everyone in to new teams.

The reason I say this is that some people commented (to me) that a few ready made teams turned up.

Obviously, I wasn't there - so this is based purely on word of mouth.

Hopefully, I can get down to this one and do some professional watching ;).

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I can understand why - but it sort of takes the 'newb' out of it if they have been training/playing together before the event - makes it a little unfair on the lone players that are put in to teams with people they've never met before. Mixing everybody up will make it a little fairer (in my uneducated opinion).

Anyway, it's just a suggestion.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
same thing happened to us when we played the masters start of 06.
we hadnt played any events but pretty much won due to training over xmas.
we were stull noobs though. sure some people had something to say about it, but whats wrong with some healthy competition?

surely this is what all the rhetoric being pandered on these forums is about - getting young kids together, getting training, getting into the sport. why deconstruct those few who have sought to get an edge by training? seems counter productive to me?

part of the spirit of this day is also to get new teams to form, so in the interest of that, and in keeping the goodwill of the customers i think the teams who come as a group will be kept thusly.

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Yeah we can see your point raff but we put it to the people that were there and they thought it was the best call.

The teams that did turn up were only rec ball players and players that have never played before but who have started with there mates so wanted to stick together.

No one had a unfair advantage on any one because i wouldn't of let that happen.

andyrik

Extreme ioner
its a bit hard to determin whos who, at the last newbioe tornament i heared some people talking about they had already played in tornaments and were brought to the event by the fact that it said "tournament" in the titile and prizes were on offer, not for the newbie side of the event.
stil, i want to stay with my mates, as we are a bunch o lads who may look to team form or something but we are DEFINATLEY noobier...
so its just working out whos done it before and whos not.
which aint easy i guess :/

JAYDB

www.northernquarterpb.com
Dec 9, 2005
manchester,
its a bit hard to determin whos who, at the last newbioe tornament i heared some people talking about they had already played in tornaments and were brought to the event by the fact that it said "tournament" in the titile and prizes were on offer, not for the newbie side of the event.
stil, i want to stay with my mates, as we are a bunch o lads who may look to team form or something but we are DEFINATLEY noobier...
so its just working out whos done it before and whos not.
which aint easy i guess :/
well if that is the case then they shouldnt really be going in it for themselfs, it must be a waste of money and time for them if they have already been in tournements, so its kinda there loss...

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
1) 3 Players: Romaine Hibbert, Luke Winterbourne & Jamie Winterbourne

2) Cheque. Not Sent.

3) 2 Boxes will be enough; based on the format and numbers attending wont it..? LMK.

Also username Dave82 (plus his mate Paul) and username spsimon will be with me, can all these 6 players be split into two teams(?); these three will be making their own arrangements for payment though.