Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NXL Off-Season Rumours, Transfers, Shens, etc......

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Met him at Bricket on the Thursday of Campaign ,when Outcast scrimmed with Daltons and he came over as a nice polite guy who was the major difference for Daltons , who folded once he was gone .However in the pits Friday he was scathing of the bouncy paint they were shooting and was'nt keen to stop telling the opposition .Good friend and formidable foe. Can't believe he'd be without a team for long. Sadly the predictions people made of GI's approach Seem to "I used to be.." reports coming true .

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Ryan Greenspan called out Damian Ryan for letting Aviles go, and he was like well what would you do if he went to a competitor!
So yep, shame, but it makes sense to a certain extent. No clue how guys like Montressor who work for DLX can play for Damage and shoot MacDev's.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Ollie Lang confirms he's only playing for Dynasty in the NXL this year. No longer playing in Europe.

Reactions: Richiemonk

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
Ollie Lang confirms he's only playing for Dynasty in the NXL this year. No longer playing in Europe.
Never quite sure whether to believe FaceFull but this quote is interesting nonetheless:
“Yes I will only be playing the NXL with Dynasty. The Polar Bears never called me. So I guess I got cut from the team…
So no more Europe It will be sad not to see my friends but I don’t fully agree for the new format they will be doing. It makes me scared the way it’s looking in Europe.”
Source

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Yea, Greenspan mentioned earlier he was going to play for MLKings because the Polar Bears wanted an all Russian line up this year so he and Ollie weren't going to play for them.

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Yea, Greenspan mentioned earlier he was going to play for MLKings because the Polar Bears wanted an all Russian line up this year so he and Ollie weren't going to play for them.
90p a litre and the Russian economy probably "cut " Greenspan and Lang. All Russian means no extras. While numbers are down ,even paricipating teams may well trim budgets. I'm guessing the 10th team in SPL came up since 3-9 could'nt or would'nt find the extra funds.

Reactions: Spikerz

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
The whole thing sucks, Bobby is a good friend of mine, as is Callie , Brad, Damian and T-rex (cuba).
It sucks that bobby won't be playing with his bros this year, but that's what GI is doing to our sport, most over the pond think GI make up their own rules for the NXL and this is just another confirmation to those people, anyone remember rabackoff congratulating the top teams last year and not mentioning dynasty? that's because the other teams were GI sponsored and dynasty obviously not, it must have been a deep cut for GI when dynasty actual went and won the world cup.
This sort of bull**** has to stop, paintball is a small world and these petty moves by GI don't smell good.
You shouldn't let a sponsor dictate who can play on your team, if someone, say bobby was shooting apx paint and wearing patches over his empire gear while playing for infamous then I could see a certain conflict, but he's not. Bobby made a career choice to work for another company other than Empire/GI, and who can blame him, since GI bought out Kee/empire they have laid off everyone in canada and closed the europe warehouse down making everyone redundant just before christmas. They let one of the most innovative guys in paintball go after trying to tie him down to a non compete clause (sosta) and my good friend Jon Bonich, one of the nicest guys in paintball who has worked for over 30 years in paintball, no longer wants anything to do with the industry, just wants to play the odd tournament now and then. That's what GI is doing to our sport, killing it slowly.
You suck GI.
It's nothing new, unfortunately. Just over 10 years ago, DYE had a lot of young players on the Ironmen and SD Legacy rosters who were all HK affiliated, and wore their HK stuff under their DYE gear.

DYE then had an issue with HK and demanded that all their sponsored players should remove all HK badging or get cut.