Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ok, time to get this question answered

paintballer ron

dude, sup
Oct 20, 2002
Central Louisiana, USA
Visit site
ok. i have not been playing paintball long, only about half a year now. i was lucky enough to get onto a team quickly and be able to practice with them. i went to my first tourney this past weekend. out of the 6 games we played in the prelims, we lost 2. only 2 and we didnt make it to the semis. all the others we really did well on. we lost those 2 because of poor comunication.

well during practice the team captain tends to stand right behind me and scream in my ear. he is usually telling me to talk more (and louder). the way we play i only see one person and that one person is who i shoot at. he tells me to tell the other people on my team where everyone is. well, everytime i stick out far enough to see anyone other than my assigned person, i get nailed and then get griped out for sticking out too much.

so the big question is: do i play as tight as possible and concentrait on my man or do i poke out and look around while i shoot at him.

either way i usually end up getting griped out.

L J

big big titties
do what i do:

pin your man down by giving him a hail of fire from your marker..while your doing this turn your head to look at other parts of the field while keeping your marker in the same position and firing...then u can go on to moving your marker and hailing some one else...then go back to the first man before he realises you arent concentrating on him...always watch the corners of your vision tho so u can see if anyone on the other team has come out to get ya!:D

oh yeah..also like me...if anything happens shout it as loud as you can whatever it is. you lose your vooice for 2 days but oh well:D :D

Problem

Oct 5, 2001
Visit site
Your captain needs training

I may not have understood everything, but it strikes me your captain needs work. First of all, yelling at someone to check the field before training them how to suppress and look, how to fast-check, how to listen before peaking makes him an ID ten T. Secondly, there are ways to attack and do a once over at the same time that gain two advantages.

No move is slow during a tourney. [Sidenote: This rule is why ghost walking (walking slowly to an objective without firing) works - slow movement doesn't catch anyone's eye in a fast moving environment.] Look out and duck back. Don't look out the same spot again, but keep checking. Simple rule - be shooting, hiding and/or moving, but always be observing. Don't concentrate on "your" man, that's just one opponent and this isn't top gun (one on one). Just harass your one, check elsewhere, check him, harass some more.

So you can't see the whole field. Captain Marvelous can't either. Suppress and look is just as the previous post said. Shoot them back and look while you do. Fast-check is just a glance out. Glance out the other side to finish the picture if the first wasn't enough. Listening has limited benefits, but try it - there are pauses in the volley fire across the field that indicate peope trying to map the situation / reloading / targets aren't available. Use them. Experience will give you the sense of timing you'll need. The common factor is to do everything briefly.

Don't know if I understood the situation but you need to have the individual techniques down before you can be take on mapping out the field. In your captain's shoes, I'd be emphasizing the basics as well as the relaying of info - everything you hear your team mates' yell, pass it on.

Larry

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
I Agree

If he is your support guy he should be making sure 'your man' dare not stick his head or gun out and take a shot at you whilst you are 'wrapping' trying to get a good look down the field.

Also he must be putting you into some crap bunkers though if you can only see one player on the whole other team ???

paintballer ron

dude, sup
Oct 20, 2002
Central Louisiana, USA
Visit site
oh, im sorry, i didnt really explain myself enough. i play back. while the rookie division of the team practices, Ryan(the captain) will walk around on the field watching/ reffing. if he sees somewhere that you need to improve, he will come and correct you/ help you. he is not playing. he is telling me that i am not talking enough etc. i talked with him on the net and got everything straightened out. he is saying that i am playing by myself, and not really playing with the rest of the team. and now i realize that he is right. i have a problem of concentrating to hard on one thing. i am not comunicating with my front men to find out what's keeping them from moving, and that sort of thing. now i know what not to do and what to do, so i should do better. thanks for all of your comments.

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
stand with feet fairly close together, back slightly bent to give you a better angle, quick looks either way with lots of shooting either side with plenty of comms

look at ome pics