Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Oliver Lang to Ironmen

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Indeed... if anything i'm sure Dynasty will be setting out to prove that their strength extends beyond Oliver Lang. They have done well without him in the past but there's gonna be new doubters.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I disagree. Lang WAS the heart and soul of Dynasty. Without him, a lot of passion will be missing. Woo was it in all the NPPL finals that commands the Dynasty huddle......who motivated the team in the Xball pits.....Its all Lang.

The main thing that Dynasty themselves said put them ahead of all the rest was the fact that they played with more heart than any other team, Lang was a major part of that.

Dynasty still have a shed load of world class players, but they are not gonna be as dominant without him as they were last year. Players such as Ryan, Alex and BC will have to step it up even more now. This may be their chance to shine in a more public way, as Lang would have taken most of the spotlight.

From a marketing point of view, Lang is the most marketable player in the world. Smart Parts, JT and others will surely rethink their deals with Dynasty now he has left. Dye have scored a major coup.

Paintball is supposedly about to hit the big time on TV, and they have just pulled off the marketing coup of the century.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
I don't disagree that Lang was the soul of the party. But as you say, the test is now on for them as much as Lang - they don't want to lose value in the eyes of sponsors. They are capable of stepping up to that without him though...whether they do or not time will tell.

I assumed Lang would have been tied into an individual contract with sponsors.....tsk tsk

It would suggest that maybe sponsors should be thinking in terms of individual contracts rather than team sponsorship...I'm sure it could cause the old inequality rift within a team, but screw that (as a sponsor) if your going to invest in something you must be able to protect it. I'm sure the G's would not have wanted Oli to leave.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
It may seem like coup now but Dave has A) upped the ante on top players and set a precendent wherein sponsors will have to consider signing players and teams and B) begun the process of fomenting discord in his own team. What about the rest of the Ironmen, are they chopped liver? And more than that if Ollie is worth X aren't the rest of them gonna claim some percentage of that as their due? It may seem like a big deal now but it's a whole new set of problems too.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Baca Loco
It may seem like coup now but Dave has A) upped the ante on top players and set a precendent wherein sponsors will have to consider signing players and teams
But doesnt Dave (as Dye) have a different relationship with the Ironmen than say SP have with Dynasty.

Ironmen are Dye's team aren't they? Owned and funded by Dye, rather than a separate entity merely sponsored by the company.

I agree with the upping of the ante, but then Dye have the cash, so why not. Also agree that the Ironmen may also feel they are owed some cash.

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
I have just got off the phone to ryan greenspan

This is his statement.

Ollie is here now training with us in L.A. and its not true they are training with the iron men but as far as he is concerned he still plays for team dynasty.people just like to talk in the off season.

Ryan greenspan.

Now this is what i have been told off ryan himself so its in the air now whats going on but he seemed pretty sure of this and not to sound like i know every thing but he should know.

Peace.

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
I know mate i have been reading it all i am just posting what i have been told by ryan.

not saying your sources are wrong just it seems a bit weird that no one from dynasty or dye are coming to say if its true or not.

who knows ?

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
i dont think anyone will say for sure until the ink is signed