Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eck011

Feb 18, 2011
Falkirk
In regards to the Fanboys and not believing any of whats been posted you have to look at things from a certain point of view but if it was me i would be thinking ok 1 person saying it is just gossip, 2 bad luck but 3 or more, really are you kidding and its not just haters after that how much more proof or confirmation do you need.

Sad fact of it i is people only see what they want to see if it hasnt affected them then they arent going to care until it affects their own personal bubble then thats when the penny will drop, which seems to have been the case when people have been hung out to dry for either speaking their mind or seeing the situation for what it actually is which is mainly smoke (well he does like his pyro) and mirrors.

Reactions: BallZ and Evil Rich

Dexter

old skool!
Nov 3, 2008
By this point those that have stayed loyal and unquestioning will stay loyal and unquestioning.

Well, at least until they're screwed over.

When that happens they will either disappear out of shame/embarrassment (disguising it under the guise of some cop out) or they will have never trusted/liked him and thought he was dodgy all along but only hung round for the free stuff.

Reactions: Biscuit

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
Dexter his worth is dwindling. No sponsorship deals to give cheap. Only event tickets and as numbers dwindle. Then free tickets will. Money always talks and as it drys up in the end he will have to pull the plug

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think Biscuit has a point because if you look at his recent events and the numbers they have attracted - it's obvious something's wrong, desperately wrong from barnett's position anyway.

His income streams have contracted as are the number of people who will deal with him.
The writing' s undoubtedly on the wall, and the only thing in question is the amount of time before he's had enough.
As for the rest of paintball?
We've had enough a long time ago !!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The bit that sticks out for me is the money he screwed out of Powerball / Sterling.
It was for well over 2 grand and yet when someone who works for Powerball/ Sterling actually confirmed the amount to a few of these sycophant haemorrhoids - they still refused to believe it.

I'm astounded these individuals can be that stupid or that gullible but maybe it's nature's way of ensuring barnett is surrounded by the very people he values least.
Unfortunately for barnett, the vast majority of the more responsible / intelligent people have seen fit to desert him and understandably so .....all he has left are the dregs of the paintball world and what an appropriate tribute that is ....

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I don't think it's that they don't believe things like the debts to Powerball. I think it's that they genuinely consider it to be 'standard business practice' and not the concern of customers. They don't give two shakes about honour and the health of the industry. They turn up and enjoy his events and that's that.

Still waiting on 'proper' UWL news, sigh.

Reactions: Spikerz and Biscuit

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I've already told Tommy several times now he's got a responsibility to uk ballers to sort his sh!t out, and I know Gino has done the same.
I think it just shows he's not really bothered at all leastwise that's how I see things.

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Agreed, H. Its a real shame, as there was a HUGE opportunity to blow TB out of the water and claim the UWL title as the proper, real UWL, (which it is), and barely anything happened (despite Robbo's best efforts) and its still been really quiet.

What's that phrase? Idle hands and all that?

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
As much as I hate to admit it, it gives more credence to SL's claims that they are the only promoter in the UK who is willing to pull their fingers out and run a successful UWL league in the UK.
But they are not the only woodland league... as posted previously there is the UKWM and Warped put on events too.

Does a name really make it a better league?

Id also question the term "successful" - as that is yet to be determined

Status
Not open for further replies.