The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
I wasn't going to comment as my opinion is somewhat meaningless but I like to think I'm a critical thinker and what I really don't understand is how people can still defend these actions...
If someone conned a fellow baller out of equipment/money then everyone pulls together, and they would be pretty much 'run out' of paintball... Yet someone does it on a much grander scale, they say 'oh just ignore the haters, it's just 'he said, she said' just ignore it (even though it's they said, she said).... It just beggars belief

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I think many consider the signal/noise ration around Barnet to be far to low and as such this stuff is just getting swept up into the same pile. Over the years a lot of mud has been slung around his direction, now I'm not saying it wasn't justified, simply that for many it became easy to ignore what was (to them) ill-informed 'hate'.

In the mind of an idiot, they just see what's going on here as more of the same and why should they care because from their perspective Barnett is an asset to the sport because they like what he does.

Reactions: Dusty and Bullseye

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
H speaks the truth ..as much as it might be nice to see some kind of karmic realignment of the force I very much suspect it will blow over.... again...

Would be nice to see Dale Ford look an ass though..

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
because from their perspective Barnett is an asset to the sport because they like what he does.
If they read the original post (and the relevant add ons, heeding the fact that all named parties have the chance to deny) and this ^ is what it comes down to then I'm lost for words tbh

oneijim

Never has been!
May 3, 2011
The dirty south
I wasn't going to comment as my opinion is somewhat meaningless but I like to think I'm a critical thinker and what I really don't understand is how people can still defend these actions...
If someone conned a fellow baller out of equipment/money then everyone pulls together, and they would be pretty much 'run out' of paintball... Yet someone does it on a much grander scale, they say 'oh just ignore the haters, it's just 'he said, she said' just ignore it (even though it's they said, she said).... It just beggars belief
The thing is if someone does something nice for you like support your team or give you discounts for events and then someone you don't know tells what an a$$hole they are then what would you think?
That's when it becomes easy to throw out the Hater tag because based on your own experience the guy was a decent guy. Its only when things like this are posted or when over time you notice more and more things you aren't comfortable with that people then realise what's really happening.

Reactions: H

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
If they read the original post (and the relevant add ons, heeding the fact that all named parties have the chance to deny) and this ^ is what it comes down to then I'm lost for words tbh
The problem is, some people are too stupid or ignorant to actually read these posts so just sweep them into the 'general hate' pile. Pete's post isn't exactly the most concise articles, maybe if it was delivered in the form of image macros people might be more inclined to pay attention...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullseye

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Dale Ford never really recovered from looking like gullible fool when falling hook, line and anchor to barnett's complimentary overtures that were designed to flatter and then to deceive.
ford plopped right into barnett ploy never realising barnett's true reasons for flattering him had more to do with using ford's monthly report as a launch pad for fending off barnetts enemies and to also undermine them.
This plan was purchased for a one ad monthly deal - barnett paid for the ad (maybe) and the ford report became a platform for barnetts sh!te. How can one's soul be so cheap?
Poor old dale really did think he was important when barnett paid his expenses over here for his awards ceremony, I'm afraid ford's abject gullibility made him look a forlorn figure when he realised he'd been duped in that way.
Oooops !!!!

RobbieG1966

Shoot first .. Ask later!
Sep 20, 2009
Middle England!
How many misdemeanour's are acceptable before people find a level of discomfort about what is going on?

That is without considering the 'level' of the misdemeanours!

There are a lot of very good people in the paintball community. A lot of them I am honoured to call friends.

I can not comment on a lot of what has been stated in this thread, but two things I can say. Firstly I know a number of the people who have made comments, and I trust them. Secondly I know what happened to me personally. I have not been out there beating a drum at every opportunity.

The community deserves the right to know who they are dealing with when parting with their money for a service or experience. They also have the choice to continue that association if they so wish. If they do, and get burned as a result then they can't cry about it later.

There is probably quite a bit more to come. Whilst I will not relish reading it, read it I will.

Reactions: Dusty and Evil Rich
Status
Not open for further replies.