Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Over 35's GB Team ??? Your Thoughts WTD

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
Ca
so i must be one of the older ones then ? anyone beat a 47 year old snake player :notworthy: if the reffs do not mind, they could pull me along with trolley jacks o_O:ROFLMAO:
Can't beat you but I'm 47, 48 in July. Still playing. Formula 5's for me and I'll tell you this I've seen 17 year olds throw up after a game of this so I think I'm doing well.

Last edited:

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
Guess the Question is who can make this Happen,, seems to be interest and I'm sure more interested parties should this actually happen

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
surely there needs to be an event to compete in? I mean the reason there's a GB team in the first place is because it was formed for an event. As far as I'm aware, theres no upper age limit on there? It wasn't compiled so that people could represent there country, maybe if the Millenniums decide to run an over (*) nations event then it will get created, but until then just because a few people want to say they "represented the country" then there is no point...

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
surely there needs to be an event to compete in? I mean the reason there's a GB team in the first place is because it was formed for an event. As far as I'm aware, theres no upper age limit on there? It wasn't compiled so that people could represent there country, maybe if the Millenniums decide to run an over (*) nations event then it will get created, but until then just because a few people want to say they "represented the country" then there is no point...

Dave oh Dave,, sometimes you just don't get it do you..

Fact ,, under 19,s event why ??
Fact ,, woman's event why ??
Fact ,, men's event why ??

That's three events out of 4 ,, why not an over 35,s event in the Mills ??

No one is doing it for a jersey ,, we would be doing it for the same reasons others do it based on representing our nation to see who comes out on top..

All the time we have players at top level , young and fit us oldies have no chance of representing, be realistic .

No different in someone posting up about a mixed male/female team ..

Ohhh and Dave,, it was formed to make the mills event more of a spectacular event, it's not like its been there in place since start of the mills now is it ?

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Dave oh Dave,, sometimes you just don't get it do you..

Fact ,, under 19,s event why ??
Fact ,, woman's event why ??
Fact ,, men's event why ??

That's three events out of 4 ,, why not an over 35,s event in the Mills ??

No one is doing it for a jersey ,, we would be doing it for the same reasons others do it based on representing our nation to see who comes out on top..

All the time we have players at top level , young and fit us oldies have no chance of representing, be realistic .

No different in someone posting up about a mixed male/female team ..

Ohhh and Dave,, it was formed to make the mills event more of a spectacular event, it's not like its been there in place since start of the mills now is it ?
No sometimes I don't I'll willingly accept that Carl ;) But I will happily explain my point clearer...

compare it to football just for a second just to address your first point and just to play devils advocate a bit ;)
Fact... There's an under 21's team.
Fact... There's a womans team
Fact... There's a men's team
Fact... There is no 35+ team

Now before people start jumping on at me, I'm not saying there shouldn't be...

What I'm saying (albeit maybe not fantastically clear in my first post) is that until Millenniums turn round and say "we're doing an over 35 event" is there any point in putting a team together for something that could (just as likely) not happen? It's like putting an over 35's football team together and waiting for FIFA to say they'll run an over 35's world cup

So instead of trying to create a team, why not look for support from other countries in the EBPF and petition the Millenniums for a 35+ event that runs the same format as the mens, womens and -19's

Last edited:

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
What I'm saying (albeit maybe not fantastically clear in my first post) is that until Millenniums turn round and say "we're doing an over 35 event" is there any point in putting a team together for something that could (just as likely) not happen? It's like putting an over 35's football team together and waiting for FIFA to say they'll run an over 35's world cup
But if we put a seniors GB footy team together might other countries say well why not .... lets play for competative fun rather than World cup glory, Someone sometimes has to take the lead and why not us? :)

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
But if we put a seniors GB footy team together might other countries say well why not .... lets play for competative fun rather than World cup glory, Someone sometimes has to take the lead and why not us? :)
Just edited my previous post; hit submit before I was done, blame special brew.

Reactions: digitalman

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
Maybe this is the type of unoficial game that could take place at an event like the Warped Big Game where there are a few overseas teams as a side event. I'm not a tournament player and don't really have much of an idea about the different game formats and what they take to set up and organise, so its just an idea to throw into the arena.