Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA goes Xball !!!

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
academic - xball doesn't take up that much air...whilst its nice to have 4500 you dont need it in xball.

Note im only suggesting it for the PA - other tourneys have to go on the advice from their insurers...
Its nicer to have a full fill and i'd say its very helpeful for X-ball. AT D-7 I only needed to gas up once during games because i had a full fill and still shot nearly a case. With smaller fills you'll have more gassing up with more people doing it, bit of a pain in the ass realy.

JAYDB

www.northernquarterpb.com
Dec 9, 2005
manchester,
and if it is 2 minit turn arounds like it should be in x-ball then you have to go to the fill station and there maybe a que there so then you will start with 4 players... bit of a rush :(

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Its nicer to have a full fill and i'd say its very helpeful for X-ball. AT D-7 I only needed to gas up once during games because i had a full fill and still shot nearly a case. With smaller fills you'll have more gassing up with more people doing it, bit of a pain in the ass realy.
I dont see any real argument for saying that you'd need smaller fills for Xball than any other game. Admittedly, Xball is generally faster paced, but if you're playing a defensive point, it may be necessary to lock up and hold off the other team til the buzzer - dont want to run out of air then do you?

Also in Xball the turnarounds can be really tough, especially if you're short on pit crew, if - for whatever reason - you arent able to fill up between points it would surely be preferable to going out with half a 4500 fill than say 1000psi?

JAYDB

www.northernquarterpb.com
Dec 9, 2005
manchester,
I dont see any real argument for saying that you'd need smaller fills for Xball than any other game. Admittedly, Xball is generally faster paced, but if you're playing a defensive point, it may be necessary to lock up and hold off the other team til the buzzer - dont want to run out of air then do you?

Also in Xball the turnarounds can be really tough, especially if you're short on pit crew, if - for whatever reason - you arent able to fill up between points it would surely be preferable to going out with half a 4500 fill than say 1000psi?

thats what i meant:D

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
whilst not wanting to belittle your experiences of xball in any way, xball in its true form means you may only play every other game (unless your olly).

this negates a queue at a fill station because only 5 people (usually) at any one time need to use a team fill station. Its seems lazy not to fill it up because there is a queue.

I'd be happy with a 3000 fill but i guess im in a minority.

magic - one of the whole concepts of xball is to have a pit crew...also locking up doesn't necessarily mean firing your gun constantly. But i take the point...

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
whilst not wanting to belittle your experiences of xball in any way, xball in its true form means you may only play every other game (unless your olly).

this negates a queue at a fill station because only 5 people (usually) at any one time need to use a team fill station. Its seems lazy not to fill it up because there is a queue.

I'd be happy with a 3000 fill but i guess im in a minority.

magic - one of the whole concepts of xball is to have a pit crew...also locking up doesn't necessarily mean firing your gun constantly. But i take the point...

Belittle away mate, i've only played X-ball once with a nice easy 3 minute turn about. We only had 5 players and pit crew nicked from other teams (cheers guys). I take the point if you have a full roster ready to go then 3000psi is fine. TBH i'm not too bothered but if i had the choice i'd prefer to stick with 4500psi fills.

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Yeah I understand that part of the idea of Xball is to have a pit crew, and to have great team staging areas situated directly next to the field, with their own fill stations etc. However, I dont know of any sites in the UK at the moment that have such an ideal set up to provide all that, and whilst I agree that having Pit Crew is an integral part of Xball, I'm merely suggesting a potential problem that I think could face teams. Similarly, getting 10 players together may be a difficulty for some teams in the UK at the moment.