Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA League 2007 update......

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Hi Everyone.

I offer two versions of this post take your pick:)

Official version

First off all my apologies for not releasing information quicker for you but after a ridiculously busy time at work for all the PA staff it was just a time issue and hopefully that has now become manageable.

To reiterate some of the information you may be aware of....
The League this year is taking a massive step in changing the format offered to the players to full on Xball the same in most respects to the PSP.
The format has been changed because after trials with teams that played the PA League in previous seasons the collective belief is it will provide a much higher customer satisfaction and value for money figure.
Space will be limited to a maximum of sixteen teams with a minimum required number of player per team to not be less then ten registered players.
The dates have been confirmed as:

May 13th
June 3rd
July 1st
August 12th

Teams will be committed to play all four events please do not consider entering if you may not be able to meet those requirements.

Any teams who are interested in joining the League this season there is still time if you apply this week.
We expect most teams will field a minimum squad size of twelve and you can also have a coach to assist you.

The entry fee this season is £500.00 per event and in return you will get two games per event, in total we expect each team to get at least 35 game per day.
Each game will last an hour and you will be given timed slots for you to get to the field to play your game.

PA League

------------------------------------------------------------------

The no bull version.

Hi Guys,

The truth is I have been too busy in my normal work and life in general but with time pressing I'd better get this done.
You should already be aware of what format we want to do this year as in Xball, thats Xball - the five man on steroids game not the light version that has no resemblance to the original.
Teams will play Two - One hour games a day with a total of 35 games expected per team per day.
The only way you are going to survive this format is to start with enough players and I would not recommend this to anyone who can not bring at least ten players per day and you would manage happily with a playing squad size of 15.

The entry fee - the bit that pays for the:
Site, Toilets, Referees, Admin staff, H-Pac air, Fields, Insurance, Chronos, Netting, Mallets, Hammers, Blowers, Petrol, Storage Containers, and of course my wages (I wish) is £500 per team ( £33.33 per player for teams with 15 players) in return for your cash you will get to experience the most intense version of paintball played in Europe, I believe the expected bill for non sponsored teams with 15 players and normal paint usage will be about £65.00 and I think thats on the top side
If you are not sure if you will like Xball than ask anybody who has played it, it will bring your game on tremendously and the enjoyment level is usually only achieved with drugs - well thats what I have been told;).
The dates are above and all events will be held at Ancaster where you can also enjoy a beer or two should you wish while you have a go at tenpin bowling or cart racing before going back to your tent or nearby hotel if you do not want to travel same day.
Team who have confirmed they want to play include:

Canock Cobras
Dagenham Swarm
Livingston Clan
Wolf City Union
London Iron Lions
Leicester Wildcats
Birmingham Disruption
MK Storm
Durham City Dragons
No Limit Bridgeend
Harrogate Hustlers
Jersey Warriors
Manchester kidz

So I have room for a couple of other teams on a first come first served basis.
For the teams who are calling me and trying for a deal, The only team I would have gave a deal to is the Tigers as last years winners and they do not have the required number of players for this year so no deals guys, whoever you are.

Russ

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004
are the fields gunna be set up like XBALL PSP style or a PA version with just random bunkers with an X in the centre?