Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paintball at fairs/festivals?

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
dont have a scanner, but ill type it out, just for you ralph ;)

-----
Thank you for your email dated 3 August 2009 regarding the Paintball Shooting Gallery at the Sunderland International Airshow.

The issues you have refferred to are currently being investigated by the corporate Health and Safety Manager, once this investigation is complete we will respond in full

Thank you for brining this matter to my attention.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
That's pretty good turn around for a council so I don't think they're stalling you. Remember councils have a massive hard on for health and safety and any H&S officer I've ever met would be all over this like a rash.

So don't worry too much, don't forget the wheels of local authority move sloooowly.

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
i have recived the final response from them, and i have to say, they have done some reasearch into this, they even found this thread, my last name, :eek:

the letter:

Dear Mr Evans

Thank you for brining to my attention your concerns over the managment of the above attraction at the Sunderland Airshow. The concerns expressed in your email have been passed to the operator in order that he may seek further guidance from his governing body (The showmans Guild). Contact ditails for the UK paintball association have also been supplied in order that he may seek guidance from them if he so wishes.

I trust that this closes the issue as you stated that your aim was for the operator to be contacted in order that he may improve his managment of the attraction.

i would take the opportunity to point out that the council is aware that you have posted your emails and the initial holding responses on an internet paintball fourm and would ask that if you wish to do the same with this reply, that you do so without publishing any employee names ect.
yours sincerly: _____
well, that fact they found this fourm, and the thread suggests that they have done some reasearch, which is obviously good, but they havent forced the guy to use masks or anything similar, which is very anoying because chances are he wont want to spend the cash on masks if he dosent have to. but hey, i tried.

HOW DID THEY KNOW MY LAST NAME?

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
I think it's a fairly reasonable response, it has to be remembered he's only trying to earn a living and as pointed out earlier there have been shooting games at funfairs for years. Hopefully this will make him up his game to a reasonable level.

*waves at Sunderland council*

It's about all they can do really. But you can put money on it that they will be on his case at any future events.

You can sleep the sleep of the righteous tonight Mr.Dog (evans)

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
lol : )

Have you noticed weird clicks on your phoneline? Do Sunderland Council have black helicopters? Be afraid, be very afraid.

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
i think im just going to pretend that i told them.

i cant think were they got it from, im assuming im not the only peter that went to the airshow, but thinking about it will slowly drive me crazy untill i crash a car into the side of the civic center screaming "how do you know my name!" at people who had nothing to do with dealing with this.
:)

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
i have recived the final response from them, and i have to say, they have done some reasearch into this, they even found this thread, my last name, :eek:

the letter:

well, that fact they found this fourm, and the thread suggests that they have done some reasearch, which is obviously good, but they havent forced the guy to use masks or anything similar, which is very anoying because chances are he wont want to spend the cash on masks if he dosent have to. but hey, i tried.

HOW DID THEY KNOW MY LAST NAME?

Mmmmm.

Did you contact them via E-mail or postal Letter ?

Either way, surely you did not end either communication with ...... your's sincerely, Mactoshdog. ?

The reply from the council does not come up in the 'quote' for some reason.(probably something very techy, that'll go straight over my head) Did you type it or is it from an e-mail reply ?

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
Mmmmm.

Did you contact them via E-mail or postal Letter ?

Either way, surely you did not end either communication with ...... your's sincerely, Mactoshdog. ?

The reply from the council does not come up in the 'quote' for some reason.(probably something very techy, that'll go straight over my head) Did you type it or is it from an e-mail reply ?
Quote's don't show up in quoted messages by default as replys would get as long as, well, a really long thing.