Paintball game for Xbox

Baller99

Apr 9, 2003
London
Visit site
found this on another site below is what i cut an pastd from it:

New xbox game info/rumors
well alot of you prolly herd about the new paintball xbox game coming out

now im not aloud to tell alot but i can get you guys all excited and jumpy for when this thing come out

and theres rumors and that big thread on how dynasty and all the other ppl who signed the contract to get into that game will not aloud to play in paintball if its on TV, thats a rumor

over the weekend i talked to greg hastings for those of you who dont kno owns redz and plays for Brimstone Smoke, and hes the one who is making this game

hes a great friend of ours and when i told him this information he said its a rumor

anyways i wish i could tell you every detail that greg told me but i cant all i can say is that this game is gonna be so close to the real game not even gonna be funny

-Gonna be drafts and around 70 teams from all over the world, America and Europe, to pick from i beleive, not 100% sure
-Just like madden with trading and such
-around 173 fields to pick between
-Coming out in Nov. !!

hope you guys are all excited oh and 1 last thing, its on xbox live!! cant wait

END

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
some folks i know are apparently going to be featured in this game; and understandibly they're going to be very excited about it.

Personally i think only a handfull of paintballers are going to buy this game;
here's why:

Paintball is percieved to 90% of the public as a weekend activity that simulates war. The video games industry have had a rather extensive love affair with the war genre, going to great depths to simulate combat in a manner of different theaters.

Why would anyone buy a paintball game? If you want to play war, wouldn't you go play Medal of Honor, Battlefield vietnam, or Operation Flashpoint?

'But Wait' you say, 'it's going to be about tournament players'. I defy you to ask someone who dosn't play tournament paintball, (or is related to someone who does) to name a single tournament paintball player! They can pump as much money as they want into this thing, it'll never sell. 10,000 unitis if they're lucky, which in games terms is penuts.

It might actually be a good game. It might be fun to play if you know the game. But I'll be suprised if this sees the light of day, don't expect to buy it in your Local EB or GAME.

Raxxman

Dec 8, 2002
Jorvik
Visit site
Merkin, several fair points. Plus with the training and strats and all, the X-box market doesn't seem as appropiate as say the PC.

ho hum, if it stays on the X-box then it'll be close to £50 and well, no way. I'd also have to buy an X-box anyhow :)