Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Guns made to look like M16, M4s etc

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
A punter is the average joe that comes to a site with a group of friends, doesn't play reguarly and really just wants to see their m8's in pain :)

Tony i think you did the right thing in not making and selling them in britain and the only reason you got razzled was because you were the first company i think to actually think of this and so were comment to ridicule. Props to you m8 for actually asking the paintball community. :)

oh by the way

great plugging technique, we could all learn something form this man :) lol

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Domino's pizza mmmmm mmmm oh yeah domino's pizza is THE best pizza u can get..........errrr i mean no dont do the m16 thing.

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Hi Tony

Hi again Tony,

I agree most of the responses to this thread have been tournament players, might be that people on this site are the largest percent either tournament or tournament wannabes, like me ;)

Thing is I work on a site in Edinburgh and we have moved away from the Military scenarios to an extent, you know Hamburger Hill and stuff like that, end of the day I agree that your average punter will want the rush of hiding in bushes and all the camo etc, do we really need to give them military style markers to make it MORE like the army, when most folks just like the fact they pull a trigger and paint comes out. I'm sure you will all agree that as soon as you tell someone you play paintball the first thing they ask is 'were you in the Army' erm, no, I did spend three years in the SAS, well, TA actually, Saturdays And Sundays, although this was after I played paintball.aturdays [A]nd undays ;)

Again I don't think we need to make the markers like military weapons to give joe schmoe the military feeling.

Anyway off now to make up my Xmas list for Santa, probably paintball gear again.

Good luck to Team Maxem mate, glad to see you have done so well for such a young company, also nice to see you supporting and sponsoring so many up and coming teams.

All the best for the 2002 series, hopefully have a beer at the Euro Indoors.

Mador

lurkin' in a dark place
Aug 7, 2001
Selby ...near York.
Visit site
Tony,having read all your posts I can see where you are coming from........I am a rec to tourney player.

I showed your posts to a couple of buddies that have rec-played only ...end result.....2 wanted more militaristic style markers and 1 didn't....need I say more??

I can only agree with the idea that we should be moving away from the more militaristic style for paintball,but the majority of the public still see this as a "wargame"..not a sport.

See comments in a recent publication for views by Andy McNab about stringing fishing wire in certain locations when playing .....very bad for the public perception of our sport.

Perhaps if we pushed this more as a sport rather than a military exercise would help??.....changing into red and blue tops(you get the idea) instead of cammo's may help?

Military style markers will make a client feel alot more "Rambo'ish"
and does encourage spending of money on paint...the games I've marshalled where clients have to get to the military style marker and shoot at people have been hectic.

End result ....alot of paint being shot but bad for us tourney players.

Perhaps using a sup-air feild for a couple of games will help change perceptions??

Time to get off my soapbox now..

Mador

:confused: :confused: :) :) :)