Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball - Skill or Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudge-TeamScream

Get Off My Field! NOW!
It has come to my conclusion that paintball no longer requires skill.... Sure people say snap shooting is a skill... Snap shooting is something you get used to, its like riding a bike, not alot of skill involved....

i suppose its wrong sayin that their isnt any skill at all... but these days it seems very little skill is used... all i see when im watching a tourny are people running into their barricade popping out and lasing off 150 paintball in under a minute... its all about speed these days!! 5-10 years ago, before angels or e-blades were even thought off.... cockers were in, cockers couldn't fire faster then 10 or if they cud, the persons good with their fingures ;) anyway.... in my eyes little skill is used anymore!! but only in my opinion not my team mates... i may be wrong, its only an opinion...

but i bring this question to you lot....

Is paintball still about skill or is it about the speed of your gun and paint?

Post your views!

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
definatly skill, if it was about speed then every tournie would be a stale mate as pritty much everyone is shooting the same speed these days...............
and if it was about speed there is no way i would be able to mug people that were using ir3s with my sniper2

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by rancid
Skill hasn't been a factor since we came out of the woods.;)
Quite right, :eek: certainly no skill in:
Run throughs,
Snap shooting,
Sweet spotting,
Recognising Key bunkers, blind lanes, shooting lanes etc
Communication,
Playing tight,
and the list goes on.....
:rolleyes:

You love to stir it up don't ya :D

Paul
:)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Nudge-TeamScream
It just seems that players with better and faster markers, are better compared to people wqith slower or worse markers....

Nudge, you have no real idea regarding the fundamentals of paintball, have you?

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Originally posted by Paul_collier
Quite right, :eek: certainly no skill in:
Run throughs,
Snap shooting,
Sweet spotting,
Recognising Key bunkers, blind lanes, shooting lanes etc
Communication,
Playing tight,
and the list goes on.....
:rolleyes:

You love to stir it up don't ya :D

Paul
:)

Behave. Try doing all those things but with two ton of Rhoddies in the way.

You people.

:) :p

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
Nudge,
Players have swapped one set of skills for another set of skills. In my opinion, players today have much stronger skills than in the old days. It's hard to say what would happen if you 'time warped' a top team back to 1990, and dropped them into an old skool woodland game, but i believe that if you took a team from back then and put them onto an air ball field today, they would get smoked.

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Actually, let's address em one at a time.... but remember, none of these were invented in the last five years.

Run throughs, - where's the skill in running down a flat surface, at an opponent you can clearly see, and all his little buddies as well?

Snap shooting, - clear line of sight, known position, and there's less than 1% of players that can do it anyway.

Sweet spotting, - if shooting into a space is a skill, then I'm your man. Try doing it thru the spindly ****.

Recognising Key bunkers, blind lanes, shooting lanes etc Yep, or you could just copy what the team before does. Plus, a monkey on acid could work that out. Take any joe average tourney player back to Holmbush, and ask em to pick out a key bunker and they'd be buggered.

Communication, awww c'mon. Shouting at someone five yards away that you can see quite clearly - that's not a skill, it's normal human behaviour. NOW, communicate with 14 other players over a six acre field - that's what I call skill.

Playing tight, The game only lasts twenty seconds, so there's not many people doing that.

Hold on, I'm just going to put my German WWII helmet on.

Status
Not open for further replies.