Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball under seige in Berlin!

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Lifted from the nation, posted by Maximus. Just waiting for more info to unfold....

Maximus76 said:
My friend who is playing a tournament in an big indoor hall in Berlin today just called me. SWAT teams just stormed the paintball hall and right now over 100 paintballers are trapped inside. The police are checking all their guns and the ones that can be adjusted over 220fps (something ) will be taken and destroyed. Might even be some arrests!!!
What kind of country would do this to people who only are out to have fun. Not hurt anyone or do any damage.
The police should be focusing on catching drug dealers, killers and crazy mob people instead.
Germany = free country??? Don´t think so!!!
This whole thing has been filmed and will come up on you tube later on this thread.
Thanks for your time.
Maximus Lundqvist
Stockholm JOY
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=63237715&posted=1#post63237715

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
the trouble is after making what seems an almighty ****-up, they'll have to do something to justify it. So some poor paintballer will get it in the neck for some obscure reason :(

Ion_Paintball

Beam me up Scottie
Mar 13, 2007
Sheffield
Off the German forum

Zitat:
Ok finally home... That was F'ing nuts!!

I got lots of video and it's gonna take a bit of time to go through it and post it all up on youtube, some other guys got lots of video also and I am talking with them to get it posted up asap. It has interviews with people there and we will be putting English subtitles on the vids for everyone.

We were the first team to play, thankfully the cops had not raided the hall yet and we got to finish.

The next team was up and while we were filling pods I got pushed out of the way by cops in full Riot gear, they stormed onto the field (while the game was on) with their raid face sheilds turned up... Was a miracle that none of them got shot in the face on the field...

Game was stopped and nearly 4 hours of just the most insane **** ever ensued.

From what the Police said there was an "anonymous" tip made a few weeks before, letting them know that there would be a tournament where illegal markers would be used. From what a police rep said, they planned for this raid for the past 3 weeks, even sending undercover officers into the paintball hall days before todays raid...
What most people think is that somebody that had a personal grudge against the owners of the Hall did this to basically just cause grief... Because if they would have showed up to any paintball shop or any paintball field in the country it would have been the same result as what happened today.

Everybody's markers were seized (except my buddy's only because he has diplomatic immunity) .. My BobLong Victory = Gone... ;(

They informed us that any marker that has an adjustable reg is technically "illegal", even if your marker was shooting 190fps "but it could" be adjusted over 214 ... Then it's illegal ....

While the cops were there they locked us all down, we could not leave. They pulled everybody's ID's and were even searching through peoples private property and shaking down those attending.

We could talk to eachother and make calls but that was about it. I called Maximus and told him to let everyone know what was going on because this type of thing is not really normal for Germany. And from allot of what people were saying is the first time something this massive ever happened.

I have been living over here for almost 11 years and never seen something like this with paintball... Coming from the states and seeing this was like being on another F'ing planet!
I felt like I just got raided at a chop shop... Not a "LEGAL" paintball tournament in a "legal" paintball hall ..

This could have serious implications for the future of German paintball, because technically what happened today will affect every paintball player in Germany. Because all markers have adjustable regs, that is even how they are when they get the state approval for F-stamp.... But the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing in German law.

After today, any shop any player any owner of a paintball marker in Germany will have to worry that your marker is technically considered "illegal' now, even with F-stamp and shooting under 214fps.
Unless you superglue or weld your HPA screw in place and hope during hot weather your marker does not start shooting a bit over 214...

What's the end story? ... For now, it's over 10 teams markers are gone, I dont think any of them will come back to the owners.
I think most everyone (with maybe a few exceptions) will get charged with possession of an illegal firearm and I dont know what the fine is but it could be well over €2000,00 Euro per person.

It is going to make playing very difficult, now every hall/field could be raided and any marker you use would be illegal...

Once I get some vid up I will post the link...

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I feel for those ballers out there. Markers taken away from them, and a possible huge fine. Could this be the end of paintball for Germany.