Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintballers in the Armed Forces

Skeet

Platinum Member
Skeet, meant in jest i know....but kinda not cool dude. funny though...granted.
Well that was kind of the point of the gag really...Campaign being more important, than topping the worlds most wanted Terrorist.

What's not cool about shooting Osama then...I mean, certain people would probably shoot Mikey, if they could get away with it (not me I like him, he's Welsh:D), and I dont think Mikey is quite as bad as Osama...not even close...;)

TITO: Dude...as far as the Army goes, you either have to REALLY, want to be in the Army and to make something of yourself, or be one of the people who have nowhere else to go...sad, but pretty true...if you have no job, no friends and no prospects, there is a good chance that the Army will take you, and you will find friends (assuming you remember not to do the things that left your friendless before), you will have a job, somewhere to live etc.

The Navy and Air Force are pretty decent, I have family members that are either in or have served in, both. But again, you should REALLY WANT, to join up...it's not something that you just do on a whim.

What you should remember, is that the British Armed Forces, are given woefully poor budgets, which means...that the Americans you meet, will be much better kitted out than you...and most certainly wont have been issued with Green DPM, the first time they landed in the Desert. Likewise, if your in the sh!t and the Americans aren't there to help...you wont be getting a chopper anywhere near you, unless it's in the hands of some Extremeist group's psychotic black sheep, in which case your buggered.

Skeet

Platinum Member
****, having a black sense of humour is paramount if you wanna serve in the Forces, especially in the Army. What Skeet posted is kids stuff, leave it be
This is very true...it gets worse...lots worse.

When you are faced with a very real threat of death, whether it be, simply being shot or being torn to bits by a baying crowd...the ability to laugh, or make light of the situation, is a good way of maintaining composure. If you allow it to stress you, you panic and that is when things can go wrong.
It is especially vital, after the fact. Upon surviving, or seeing something brutal, to not laugh or joke about it, is one sure fire way to go nuts.

I have had many a chat with ex Regiment guys, who, lets face it, could be considered the most serious of soldiers and they are the worst offenders when it comes to black humour.

Little_Kendo

Sandbaggers baby!
Nov 28, 2002
www.p8ntonline.com
Ok, I'm in the RAF (as Portox has already said), I joined up solely to afford to play paintball and just walked in the AFCO one day and hey presto! here I am four years down the line, still in the RAF (but in Iraq at the moment), not only am I earning quite a nice some of money, I have also got myself a trade in the bargain (now an electrician). I did get to play ALL milleniums last year but had to take as my annual leave, which annoys the hell out of me as they see model aircraft building as a sport!?!? Work that out!
As Mikey says the AFCO talk absolute rubbish, they would sell their own mothers for one more recruit. Since being out in Iraq and missing probably one of the most important year of paintballing in my life, I have had loads of time to think - the reason I joined up was to afford to play paintball and now i'm not even in the country to play the sport we all know and love, so I would think really hard if you wanna join up. If you wanna just play ball for a bit of a laugh then sound but if you wanna take it serious, you really have to have a lot of free time and this life isn't the best for that reason. I am seriously thinking of leaving the RAF now I have my trade behind me, I have enjoyed my time served, don't get me wrong but there is more in life than a few piss ups and getting shafted to go to crappy countries!
My 2 pence!
Laters
Rob Kennedy :D

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Seems to be abit of a negative undertone about the forces from a few of you especialy Mikey. Any particular reasons?
Errr you get shot at by terrorists, people die. Short of being royalty you'll likely end up in Basra or Afghanistan, and you will get into a contact.

If you've got the minerals for it, give it ago. As has been said you can get a decent trade out of it, and earn a sh*tload when you leave. Languages are good to get into, learn to speak Russian and / or Arabic and you'll earn shedloads.

Whitt8211

Corrupted Soldier
Jan 12, 2006
Northern Quarter
Visit site
To be honest mate you won't know if its for you untill you've joined and got out to your first posting, but then thats you in for 3 years after you've finished training or your 18 birthday (whichevers latest)

I've been in the Army for 8 years now and love it, but Mickey was in the RAF and didn't, its all down to the individual like any career. Saying that it can't hurt to speak to the careers offices

Hoodless ECI

eee-see-eye
Jun 15, 2006
Homeless.
www.eastcoastirritant.com
To be honest mate you won't know if its for you untill you've joined and got out to your first posting, but then thats you in for 3 years after you've finished training or your 18 birthday (whichevers latest)

I've been in the Army for 8 years now and love it, but Mickey was in the RAF and didn't, its all down to the individual like any career. Saying that it can't hurt to speak to the careers offices
what do you do within the forces fella'?

i wanted to go into the Engineering side of things.... bad idea?

DB