Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintballers steal £53 million...

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
Speaking of wearing Paintball googles...

Watch V for Vendetta.. right at the end all the military are wearing Jt's while guarding the houses of parliment
yup, also a ton of those crappy airsoft ones, and really really old jt faceplate goggs that are just a faceplate that is held on by the elasticated (almost) skiing goggles that go on-top.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think it was a brilliantly executed plan.

They would be rolling in it now if onse of them had not decided to spend his cut too soon.

So close but yet so far!
DS, not so mate, they got caught because they stashed most of the clothes they did the robbery with in a van and didn't torch it properly.
The impromptu cash story was a red herring and in fact, old bill had DNA evidence on some of the clothes left behind in the van.
Well that and a few other lines of evidence shall we say.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I though it was also to do with them being un 'connected' with the right people.

I.e they were too small players to get away with it ,they were either going to get sold out (which they did) or the money was going to get taken off them by a bigger fish.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I though it was also to do with them being un 'connected' with the right people.

I.e they were too small players to get away with it ,they were either going to get sold out (which they did) or the money was going to get taken off them by a bigger fish.
Nope, the main protagonist shall we say was very much the 'right' people, it's not so much someone stepped forward and 'assisted' old bill with their investigations but they (police) had them bang to rights anyway and when confronted with the sort of evidence they had (DNA etc), some of the people involved were 'forthcoming' and some weren't.

Either way, if the clear up had been as well executed as the job itself then they stood a chance of getting away with it.
The police would have known full well it would have required an inside man to help orgainse that job and that was always gonna be the weak link, if that held up then they might have gotten away with it.