Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PaintballX3 Press Release

PaintballX3

Feb 15, 2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Robbo Joins PaintballX3 Magazine
Legendary professional player, coach, industry-member and writer joins PaintballX3 Magazine staff!
Occoquan, Virginia – February 15, 2011 – In a move that adds decades of professional paintball experience, vast amounts of industry knowledge, years of coaching experience and a bit of muscle to the most successful digital magazine in paintball, Pete “Robbo” Robinson has joined the PaintballX3 Magazine team! Robbo will add his voice to each monthly digital issue of PaintballX3 Magazine with a full-length column featuring everything from wit and opinion to coaching on the aspects of successful competitive paintball. Robbo’s new column will debut in the February, 2011 issue of PaintballX3 Magazine, going live soon at PaintballX3.com!
“I had the privilege of working with Robbo for several years at PGi Magazine before its untimely passing and it was a great experience,” said PaintballX3’s Associate Editor, Joshua D. Silverman. “Robbo’s knowledge of the game, the sport and the industry translates into a wealth of information that our readers are certain to benefit from and his wit and unique writing style mean they’ll enjoy reading his pieces every month!”
Robinson was also excited at the prospect of joining the PaintballX3 team. “I have known Josh and John from X3 for an awful long time and what started out as a casual chat between myself and Josh turned into a marriage made in heaven; PaintballX3 and P8ntballer.com are a great fit covering the two powerhouses of world paintball, the US and Europe, I am extremely proud to be part of that union.”
To read the latest paintball news, information, equipment reviews and rumors, plus see thousands of paintball photographs and every issue of PaintballX3 Magazine online, visit www.PaintballX3.com. Europe’s leading source for paintball news, information and interaction is live at www.P8ntballer.com!
CONTACT
PaintballX3 Magazine
www.PaintballX3.com
Josh@PaintballX3.com
P8ntballer.com
www.P8ntballer.com

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Good move, Pete - I've met John, and he's one of the good guys. He takes great photos too.

Online paintball magazines are the way forward - even Facefull seems to be a bit erratic with their printed issues nowadays.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Cheers, I've known John for over 15 years and the man has always had paintball running thru his veins but it was Josh who really helped me flesh out this deal and it was done on the basis of both sites benefiting.

As for Faceful?
I think Laurent has decisions to make in the light of the present market-place; the budgets just ain't there any more and sooner or later the last printed publication is gonna be marched off to that great paintball deadbox in the sky.

Sad but true ... :rolleyes:

JUNIOR BROWN

never ending grind
Oct 31, 2002
California
Visit site
Good news Pete!

I have to call Josh today and plan on giving him a hard time now, it must be over a year ago i said how much i like PBX3 and only one thing would make it better! "Getting Robbo" Happy you guys started talking about it.

Now please add a little PGI into X3!

As for FaceFull! Its very said but very true. If they are still printing the Jungle issue that will be the first for the cut and then FaceFull will follow unless people start buying a mag each month.

I stiil buy Action Pursuit Games each month as well.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ju, it's not so much people buying the magazine mate; all the magazines have closed because advertising revenues have fallen so drastically ... it's the industry and not people buying magazines.
I know the two are linked but I'm afraid the number of ballers buying magazines has always been not what we would all want.

Let's hope the Yanks still appreciate my sense of humour ....

JUNIOR BROWN

never ending grind
Oct 31, 2002
California
Visit site
Very true the big picture is the industry pulling back so fast on it’s advertising dollars and doing more networking by themselves that costs a lot less. But the Paintball community should be able to keep one around and the first thing the magazines would need is people buying the thing so then they can take the sales numbers and start getting the ad dollars back up.

This is like local store closing its doors! The more that close the less people get exposed to Paintball.

Like you said! Said but true...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There is no doubt Ju that if the number of people buying magazines increased, then this would definitely help the cause but as you rightly suggested, the industry has found several more differing strategies to marketing which prove to be a lot less expensive ..... but .. there is no doubt that the halcyon days of paintball did have thousands of magazines being purchased, our industry advertising in those magazines and finally teams being supported.

In some curiously irrational way, it tended to work even though there was absolutely no reason why it should and I would love for us to get back to those times if only to get PGi resurrected.

I'd make the phone call to Matt in a heartbeat but I doubt he'd employ me again anyway ... he's far too discriminating :)

I really miss PGi and I know others do too ... :(