Painting a mask

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Last edited:

UGE

Jul 6, 2013
With a black mask you will be struggling to paint part of it white. Sorry for the negative but in my profession (leather finishes) we always advise to go darker if changing the colour of a seat, coat etc. however going lighter IS possible though it means you will use more paint than normal as you have to layer the paint or you would end up with a khaki grey colour.

If your mask is Vinyl then the company i work for produce paints that will adhere to it. (we sell it to change the colour of car dashboards)

hope this helps

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I was advised to purchase some Krylon fusion flat white ,so ill try some of that on the inside see how I get on first .
Cheers.

Adam Turner

Jul 3, 2013
Canvey Island, Essex
I painted my Dye i3 with bog basic car spray paint £8 a can, (i did spray mine black) and that came out beautiful. No cracks, marks and very minimal bubbling

My brother's Dye i3 also got sprayed (Yellow) Same kind of paint and again it came out fine but little bit easier to see the bubbling but still all in all fine.
So depends on what type of budget your working on i suppose.

But vinyl for awesome look!

Mr_phish

Jul 31, 2013
essex
I tried painting mu eflex bottoms with the empire logo came out great then as soon as the grill got moved the paint started to flack off even with sealant on so be weary of painting them

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I tried some Krylon fusion on the inside,it didnt come off when flexing the rubber.
Left it for a couple of days,thought great.But did rub off when ,sort of scratched with finger nail.
Arghhhhh.
I think it will just scratch off and look crappy.
So I don't think I'm going to bother,ill wait till the skull bottoms are available .

Kristian Hidle

Jul 2, 2013
Straight up, any of you got a link to a type of paint that will paint on to the eflex material? Same situation, love the black skull e flex, just want a slightly different design, so got to paint my self...

Also will same paint work for the flex material and hard plastic material?

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
i went to a place that mixes up custom spray paints and got some paint that was suppose to be flexible, for painting the canvas side of lorries, and that was painting a flex8, it cracked peeled and just looked generally crap. i wouldnt even bother painting anything flexible.

Lewiis

Apr 19, 2013
Leeds.
Halfords make a flex paint for things like rubber trims, perhaps that would work? It's a few quid a can I memory serves me right