Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

physics of paintball

in practicality...

Well that wasn't very nice of your physics teacher....
you show an interest in the laws of motion and aerodynamic principles and waddaya get !!

Maybe you were asking him in the lesson? If you saw him afterwards, I bet he'd secretly be well willing to say a few things.

Basically, yeah OK in theory the balls and propelling thereof can be explained by laws of physics etc, but in reality if all balls are leaving a metal tube at the same speed and are subject to roughly the same winds/atmospheric conditions that everyone else is experiencing on the day, then accuracy is gonna be pretty much the same for everyone too.
OK i'm not gonna start quibbling about a few mm's here and there, but it's gonna be mostly the same.

Stee-vo

***zone - Annan
Aug 19, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
I am amazed

Well speaking as the origionator of this thread I am impressed with the interesting, funny and downright wierd conversation and debate kicked of by the origioal post. It just proves paintballers have brains as well as attitude. It would be interesting if someone could build a boltless electronic gun that fired paintballs with an electronicly controlled valve and pressure system thus ensuring a consistant energy sourse. Could it be done? Instead of a burst valve being struck in a mechanical way you could have a valve open and a ball detant that was coordinated to the gas release to ensure the ball was free to travel down the barrel. Eliminating much of the mechanics would greatly reduce the variability of the energy release and thus make the marker more consistant. My understanding is that most breaks in the breach are caused when the bolt strikes the paint ball, remove the bolt and we have fewer if any breaks. So is it possible, cant see why not. If it could be done it would be the most consistant and therefore accurate gun there is.

Does it actually matter that much?

Originally posted by Smally85
Surely paintball is supposed to be fun, does it really matter if my ball flys one fps faster than yours? Or a little straighter? Thats wind for you!
God this thread was funny to read tho! Keep up the good work! LOL
In all fariness a little bit straighter could be the differene between hitting and missing that barrel tip that's sticking out etc. But I have to say I agree with you.

The great barrel debate will never be resolved, after all the freak, sceptre etc have adjustable bores, but a Ti Boomstick will spark as it is fired... function or down-right coolness, its a dificult choice.

Richard

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Re: Does it actually matter that much?

Originally posted by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
In all fariness a little bit straighter could be the differene between hitting and missing that barrel tip that's sticking out etc. But I have to say I agree with you.

The great barrel debate will never be resolved, after all the freak, sceptre etc have adjustable bores, but a Ti Boomstick will spark as it is fired... function or down-right coolness, its a dificult choice.

Richard
He he, check out the first line....... you said it mate.:D
I've always wondered.