Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

**Piranha Marker Help**

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
haven't shot a piranha, so i cant really help, but i've shot similar electro's and i've noticed a few things, 1,make sure the ball detents actually fit. 2, the other elcetro's ive shot are major gas hogs, and 3, they are quite temparamental. so make sure you check it out.

as for the boomy and x-board, quality.

HP

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
as with any spyder clone, they are usually quite reliable.

definatly need a revvy on it, cos electro blowbacks are never gentle on paint, so you want to feed as best you can. (how fast depends on how fst you pull the trigger.)

have you actually played with a marker with this kinda setup before? did you like it? if so your proaabaly making the right choice.

A dye Boomy is a good barrel, i shott a 10" and im sure Mr Pink will vouch for it (after putting it on his X-mag, and grinnning manically) they are a little over priced though.

Billy

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
I have a Pro TS, but not with the Storm frame, I have an e-force frame instead. The gun itself is well-made, reliable and easy to strip and clean; IMO the best of the spyder clones. Also bear in mind that PMI's customer service is among the best in the industry. The storm frame is reputed to be good, but I don't have any experience with one; the main complaint people have is getting support from Mako, but since PMI support the frames they sell on their markers you are in safe hands. You definately need an electronic hopper, as even a new player an fire upwards of 8bps with these things, and they will fire at double that if your finger is fast enough and the hopper can feed it.

A couple of notes: the Boomstick is a good barrel, but as Billy said they're a bit on the pricey side. You'd be better off with something like the Lapco Bigshot, or a CP one-piece barrel, which come in around half the price of the Boomstick. You haven't mentioned whether you will be using CO2 or air; while CO2 with anti-siphon works well, air will always work better, especially at the high fire rates the electronic triggers can give you. Consider putting the money saved on the barrel towards upgrading to air if you're not already doing so.

Lastly, look at the 2003 model Piranhas, due in stores in the next couple of weeks. Apart from being nice-looking, they perform much better at lower pressures than the 2002 models, and the E-force EXT or PROe have the same features as the Pro TS w/Storm, at a lower price.

Oh yeah, to repeat Billy again, the standard suggestion: try several markers if you can; you will know after that which one suits you best.

Big_Mac

Preserved for posterity
Aug 27, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Visit site
trigger frame

I've got the BooYaah E-Lcd frame, which I believe is the same as the Storm (except for name) and it's very nice. Excellent feel on the trigger as well as adjustable for pull length and stop. Very easy to pull fast and feels solid, if not just a bit heavy. Use a quality battery!