Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pistol recommendation

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I prefer the 8.1 for it's FS capability, but it does have a larger grip and that's the main drawback for younger players.
The T8.1 is double regulated, so you get a more consistent shot, and more shots per 12g than the TPX. Also - T8.1 is metal, TPX is plastic. I prefer metal guns, depite the added weight.
The T8.1 is basically an automag engine, which I prefer over the TPX engine.
The small reg pin in the TPX tends to bend over time and hence I think the TPX would be more maintenance heavy - I do no maintenane on my 8.1 - although I don't own a TPX, so I can't be 100%.
Early TPX's were garbage, so be careful if buying used.

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
I prefer the 8.1 for it's FS capability, but it does have a larger grip and that's the main drawback for younger players.
The T8.1 is double regulated, so you get a more consistent shot, and more shots per 12g than the TPX. Also - T8.1 is metal, TPX is plastic. I prefer metal guns, depite the added weight.
The T8.1 is basically an automag engine, which I prefer over the TPX engine.
The small reg pin in the TPX tends to bend over time and hence I think the TPX would be more maintenance heavy - I do no maintenane on my 8.1 - although I don't own a TPX, so I can't be 100%.
Early TPX's were garbage, so be careful if buying used.

Further to this the TiPX does have a problem with continued pressure per shot. Some will fire well and then you might get a barrel slip before the next shots go well again.

From what I have read the T8.1's double reg stops this prob