Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Planet's new Ego gun

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004
the Ego is pritty nice

I am guessing Nexus have made a gun like that cus their e-blades cant compete with angels, timmys, DM4s etc, The e-blade isnt exactly the best X- ball gun, in my opinion its the most accurate and reliable gun but its too damn hard to run and shoot with one. But their eblades were pritty much the same speed a an eggylution and if they are gonna use eggylutions on their Egos they are back to square 1. they need HALOS, HALOS are the way to go especially in X ball,

it looks like the lightest gun ever its Strange timmy with an E2 frame LOL

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Egomaniac

Just thought I'd set y'all straight on this one. There seems to be a few doubters out there, maybe even a few haters too. What I have noticed though is that the doubters are the ones who have just seen the gun whilst the ones who are crazed egomaniacs are the ones who have actually had a go with one. Proof? Pudding?

Anyway, I had a funny experience the other night. It was a cold winters evening in Manchester and after finishing work I took a trip to my local, Planet. I managed to have a few words with the man Flash and somehow managed to persuade him to let myself and the boy Latham take the new Ego thingy for a test drive over the shooting range. I'm not entirely sure what happened next, most of it is merely a montage of blurred imagery and piercing, shrieking, insane sounds that remind of an epileptic cobra having a fit whilst fighting a mongoose, ratttling and spitting and screaming.

I have a habit of shooting guns fast and up until now the craziest thing I ever shot was an NYX matrix which left me smiling and laughing for about a month after, the Ego was pretty much this, and then some, even Latham managed to make the thing roast. The gun is small, light, easy to hold, sits perfectly with halo and tank, the snatch is fine (greasy slippy gloves? WTF?) the trigger totally f'kin owns. If you think it will feel like an E-Blade trigger then you are very much mistaken, as easy as a timmy to fire. The speed is awesome, blistering, stupid insanity, the thing just wants to spit death everywhere, trust me, for £800 this thing is a bargain. Better built, faster, smaller, lighter, factory supported, more robust...the list goes on. Don't buy a timmy, save £100 and buy an Ego, Halo2, a new controller and a cheesecake from tesco and your life is pretty much sorted.

I might as well say I told you so now coz I will be too busy laughing and blazing fools to remember when you all want one.

Just another victim of the E-G-O.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Egomaniac

Originally posted by Al Woods
Pudding?
Where???? give it to me..... mmmmmm pudding

Originally posted by Al Woods
Don't buy a timmy, save £100 and buy an Ego, Halo2, a new controller and a cheesecake from tesco and your life is pretty much sorted.
Ahh there it is am a happy man now...... Normal play is back on.

So Al is the E.G.O any good then? You never said either way :D

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Originally posted by Alien_Balliztix
It is about a shift to the side of a couple of millimetres. insted of the feedneck being dead centre on body it is shifted maybe no more than 4 millimeters to the right(?) side I think. virtually nothing. It works by not allowing the ball to drop directly down. Instead the balldrops and is deflected to the left hand side of the breech where the eyes are situated. hence the ball stays still instead of trying to bounce back up. Thus eliminating the need to pause for a millisecond before firing. equalling higher rate of fire. capability is 40 cycles per second apparently.

:D hope this helps and answer's your query. :D

p.s. I been reading up. LOL
Surely all you need is a decent force feed hopper, new Halo B say, and there is no chance of any kind of ball bounce because of the constant pressure. But I guess it would be handy for non-force feed loaders (revy's) or eggs with lowish battery's.