Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Posting a marker

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
Had a problem with a ex cop

I have everything i buy delivered to my work place (software company) as i'm here 7 till 4:30 everday and it just means i don't get them "we tried to delivered" notices (so does everyone else who works here as it's a perk of the job).

Problem is once i bought a bob long marker and they sometimes xray the boxes down in the delivery office. I got an email saying that a box that has been delivered to the office contains a fire arm and it will not be accepted at all.

So i ask for the xray of the box and ofcourse you can see it's a paintball marker (you know bob's markers and all there nice milling). So i tell the guy (ex copper which runs our security) that it's a paintball marker not a fire arm and it's perfectly legal to own them in the UK. He turns around a tells me that paintball markers are classed as fire arms and you need a license in the UK to own one.

So i pointed out to the guy the law all around paintball markers (including links to the laws). I thought that would be enough and i would be able to collect my box. How wrong i was the guy just turns around and says to me that my box would not be allowed in the building and if i bought the item into the building he would call the police and inform my manager and mainly try and get me sacked.

Just thought i would share this with you (when i got the box in the end it was marked as having a paintball marker on it :s )